Deploy web application with NAnt in .NET 1.1

fred.f.chopin

I'm using .NET 1.1 on windows server 2003. I develop my web
application with visual studios 2003. What I would like to do is to be
able to use NAnt to build my web application so that I can copy it over
to the web server. I am able to compile the application and I'm
telling it to output a .dll file into the bin directory, but when I
copy the files over to the web server and try to load the page, I get
the error "The type of namespace 'website' could not be found (are you
missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)" and I don't know
why this is, because the DLL for that namespace is in the bin
directory. What is causing this and how can I fix it? And no,
upgrading to .NET 2.0 is NOT, I repeat, NOT an option at this time.
Thanks