Deployment problem

Guest

I created a very simple Web Form application with Visual Studio 2005
Professional Edition.

It just has some text on it.

On the test machine it works fine.

I deployed it to a production server by copying
all the files in the project to the Website.

It does not work on the Site.
There are no errors in the Event Logs

I tested be the production sever by creating a Default.aspx
page in Dreamweaver and copying it to the server. It work fine.

Questions:

1) Should I have not copied the App_Data directory?

2) Is there some preparation that must be done before the
project is copied to the Server?

3) Are there settings in web.config that must be changed?

Thanks.I

Jeeran

Hello cbr900rrderrick,

Make sure you have created an application in IIS for the folder in which
your web app resides. You can do this by going to IIS management and selecting
the site then the folder which you app is in, then right click and choose
properties. Under the "Directory" tab, half way down youll see "Application
Settings" and youll see a field "Application name" with a text box next to
it -both are disabled- then click the "Create" button. This will configure
IIS to recognise that there is a web application in that folder.

You also need to make sure you set this application to use .Net 2.0 -you
can set that by going to the "ASP.NET" tab at the top right.

Hope this solves it for you.

Guest

Strange thing occured. I had done this previously. However the application
still would not work (Even after rebooting the server). I emptied the
directory and created a plain html file, saved it as Default.aspx. Then that
file as well as my application file worked. There was several days before I
was able to get back and test it.

Everything is OK so far. Thanks.