    I need to do an HTTP get/post and our clients sit behind a proxy.

    Cheers,

    Steve

    SPG, Jul 22, 2004

  2. SPG

    Daniel Hagen Guest

    SPG wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to detect the proxy settings in use by a browser when

    running
    > an applet?
    > I need to do an HTTP get/post and our clients sit behind a proxy.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Steve

    Not really (you can get a part of the IE/Windows proxy settings from
    system properties, but this is not really reliable because it is only a
    part and not the whole thing).

    But that shouldn't bother you since HTTP connections made from an applet
    use the browser proxy settings anyway so you don't have to take care of
    this.

    Daniel

    Daniel Hagen, Jul 23, 2004