    have to utilize the cpan/ppm tools to install the SOAP::Lite perl module,
    then, you'll need to create a web form and a perl script that will utilize
    the web services provided by Yahoo.

    seef gordon, Feb 27, 2009

  2. seef gordon

    seef gordon Guest

    Re: Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo WebServices API

    Sorry I did not say this before I am doing this project and need a little
    assistance with what exactly to do thanks in advance for any help

    seef gordon, Feb 27, 2009

  3. seef gordon

    Tim Greer Guest

    seef gordon wrote:

    > 1. Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web Services
    > API's so
    > that you can offer a Yahoo Search via your own perl webpage. So,
    > you'll have to utilize the cpan/ppm tools to install the SOAP::Lite
    > perl module, then, you'll need to create a web form and a perl script
    > that will utilize the web services provided by Yahoo.

    What issues are you having doing this? Are you getting errors or
    inconsistent results, or unexpected results? Is there a portion of
    code you're having trouble with? Your posy sounded more like an
    outline or statement, or job description, rather than a question and
    asking for help with something specific. Please elaborate.

    Tim Greer, Feb 27, 2009
  4. seef gordon

    seef gordon Guest

    Re: Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo WebServices API

    Okay I have this project to do for my perl class as extra credit but I
    really don't know where exactly to start so I have just been gooing parts of
    the task and seeing what I can come up with so am looking for some guidance
    as to where to start or perhaps what exactly I would need to get this taks
    done thanks in advance

    seef gordon, Feb 27, 2009
  5. Re: Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web Services API

    sg> Okay I have this project to do for my perl class as extra credit
    sg> but I really don't know where exactly to start so I have just
    sg> been gooing parts of the task and seeing what I can come up with
    sg> so am looking for some guidance as to where to start or perhaps
    sg> what exactly I would need to get this taks done thanks in
    sg> advance

    The problem suggests starting with SOAP::Lite. That's probably a good
    place to start. It also tells you to use the Yahoo Web Services APIs --
    what do you know about them? Maybe it's time to do some research.

    This is extra credit for you -- this means *you* have to do the work.
    If you've tried something and gotten stuck, ask a specific question.
    But posting vague claims that you've "just been gooing [sic] parts of
    the task" and trying to get people to offer suggestions will get you
    nowhere.

    Charlton

    --
    Charlton Wilbur

    Charlton Wilbur, Feb 27, 2009
  6. seef gordon

    Tim Greer Guest

    seef gordon wrote:

    > Okay I have this project to do for my perl class as extra credit but I
    > really don't know where exactly to start so I have just been gooing
    > parts of the task and seeing what I can come up with so am looking for
    > some guidance as to where to start or perhaps what  exactly I would
    > need to get this taks done thanks in advance

    What code do you have now? Where are you stuck? What is it doing or
    not doing? Is it erroring? Is it giving unexpected results?
    Inconsistent results? I'm not sure what to suggest or what to research,
    since you've been given that information for the project already, so
    you'll probably only be able to get help when you have something.
    Otherwise someone would have to spend the time to create it for you,
    and that wouldn't serve its purpose for you or the instructor. Please
    post when you have something, because as it stands now, there's really
    nothing to answer about to offer any help. It sounds like you know
    what the assignment needs, so check out the module and service the
    instructor mentioned, as it should likely be using those things to be a
    valid credited assignment.

    Tim Greer, Feb 27, 2009
  7. seef gordon wrote:

    {Top-posting corrected}
    Please don't top-post, please put replies below the part of the original
    to which they refer and trim extranous material

    > On 2/26/09 10:19 PM, in article C5CCC5F7.2BF%, "seef
    > gordon" <> wrote:
    >
    >> 1. Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web Services API's so
    >> that you can offer a Yahoo Search via your own perl webpage. So, you'll
    >> have to utilize the cpan/ppm tools to install the SOAP::Lite perl module,
    >> then, you'll need to create a web form and a perl script that will utilize
    >> the web services provided by Yahoo.
    >>

    > Sorry I did not say this before I am doing this project and need a little
    > assistance with what exactly to do thanks in advance for any help

    1. utilize the cpan/ppm tools to install the SOAP::Lite perl module.

    2. create a web form.

    3. create a perl script.

    Which part are you having problems with?

    --
    RGB

    RedGrittyBrick, Feb 27, 2009
  8. Re: Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web Services API

    [Top-posting corrected, please don't do that]
    seef gordon <> wrote:
    >> seef gordon wrote:
    >>> 1. Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that [...]

    >Okay I have this project to do for my perl class as extra credit but I

    Good that you came clean, that's a very important first step.

    >really don't know where exactly to start

    First step would be to ask your teacher for some advice. That's what
    teachers are being paid for.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Feb 27, 2009
  9. seef gordon

    seef gordon Guest

    Re: Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo WebServices API

    Okay ben , please understand that am not asking for any one to spoon feed me
    the answer my teacher just send me that project to do , and I have no real
    idea where to start , I don't want the answer , I just want some who knows
    perl to brake it down to me that all thanks for your response

    seef gordon, Feb 27, 2009
  10. Re: Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web Services API

    sg> Okay ben , please understand that am not asking for any one to
    sg> spoon feed me the answer my teacher just send me that project to
    sg> do , and I have no real idea where to start , I don't want the
    sg> answer , I just want some who knows perl to brake it down to me
    sg> that all thanks for your response

    Except that you *are* asking us to spoon-feed you the answer.

    No fewer than five people have asked you what you are *specifically*
    having trouble with.

    No fewer than three people have told you that the question itself TELLS
    you where to start.

    If you carry on like this, you're probably not going to get any extra
    credit -- and, to be honest, if this is the way you approached all the
    assignments, you're probably failing and desperately need it.

    Oh well. There will always be low-paid jobs in service industries, and
    when you get motivated enough to do your own homework, you can return to
    school then.

    Charlton

    --
    Charlton Wilbur

    Charlton Wilbur, Feb 27, 2009
  11. seef gordon

    seef gordon Guest

    Re: Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo WebServices API

    For the record I I am not failing the class I have a B but would like an A
    any way am not going to bicker I already have the answer I was looking for
    thanks to RedGrittyBrick thanks for you comments also

    seef gordon, Feb 27, 2009
  12. seef gordon

    Tim Greer Guest

    seef gordon wrote:

    > Okay ben , please understand that am not asking for any one to spoon
    > feed me the answer my teacher just send me that project to do , and I
    > have no real idea where to start , I don't want the answer , I just
    > want some  who knows perl to brake it down to me that all thanks for
    > your response

    Please don't post your reply above the text you're quoting, as it forces
    people to read down to see what you're replying to. Please don't take
    this the wrong way, but if you don't know where to start, your
    instructor is not doing a good job, or you aren't paying attention to
    what they've been teaching.

    In the end, if you are given an assignment that you don't understand,
    you are obligated to tell your instructor so they can help you (if not
    to be able to within the confinements of what they've taught you thus
    far), and it also might allow them to realize they've missed an
    important aspect in their curriculum, which could help the entire
    class. No one benefits if you aren't taught what to do, if you're
    asked to do it.

    Figuring it out on your own, potentially the wrong way, isn't going to
    help either, if it deviates somehow from the actual assignment or if it
    goes beyond the parameters the instructor expects you to use (like the
    classic K&R book that asks you to use getchar() for their exercise,
    when you'd want to use a better method (but you've not been taught that
    yet, and if you do it, you probably expose the fact that you've gone
    outside of the class environment and had other people do the work for
    you).

    Tim Greer, Feb 27, 2009
  13. seef gordon

    seef gordon Guest

    Re: Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo WebServices API

    On 2/27/09 4:19 PM, in article ONYpl.48587$, "Tim
    Greer" <> wrote:

    > seef gordon wrote:
    >
    >> Okay ben , please understand that am not asking for any one to spoon
    >> feed me the answer my teacher just send me that project to do , and I
    >> have no real idea where to start , I don't want the answer , I just
    >> want some  who knows perl to brake it down to me that all thanks for
    >> your response

    > Please don't post your reply above the text you're quoting, as it forces
    > people to read down to see what you're replying to. Please don't take
    > this the wrong way, but if you don't know where to start, your
    > instructor is not doing a good job, or you aren't paying attention to
    > what they've been teaching.
    >
    > In the end, if you are given an assignment that you don't understand,
    > you are obligated to tell your instructor so they can help you (if not
    > to be able to within the confinements of what they've taught you thus
    > far), and it also might allow them to realize they've missed an
    > important aspect in their curriculum, which could help the entire
    > class. No one benefits if you aren't taught what to do, if you're
    > asked to do it.
    >
    > Figuring it out on your own, potentially the wrong way, isn't going to
    > help either, if it deviates somehow from the actual assignment or if it
    > goes beyond the parameters the instructor expects you to use (like the
    > classic K&R book that asks you to use getchar() for their exercise,
    > when you'd want to use a better method (but you've not been taught that
    > yet, and if you do it, you probably expose the fact that you've gone
    > outside of the class environment and had other people do the work for
    > you).

    Okay thanks for your response and to be honest as you probably already know
    you were right , the information was not taught to us It an online course .
    And the email stated just that so In had email my professor , but he as not
    responded so that why I came here , I did the project to the best of my
    ability which I just found out was wrong , but a friend came over and
    helped me with soap is it was throwing error on the mac , any way thank to
    all who responded I got it finish

    seef gordon, Feb 27, 2009
  14. seef gordon

    Tim Greer Guest

    seef gordon wrote:

    > Okay thanks for your response and to be honest as you probably already
    > know you were right , the information was not taught to us It an
    > online course . And the email stated just that so In had email my
    > professor , but he as not responded so that why I came here , I did
    > the project to the best of my ability which I just found out was wrong
    > , but a friend came  over and helped me with soap is it was throwing
    > error on the mac , any way thank to all who responded I got it finish

    When you have some code, and if you run into an issue or have a
    question, feel free to post that code and outline the question or
    problem, and that's when you'll get the help.

    Tim Greer, Feb 27, 2009
  15. Re: Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web Services API

    seef gordon <> wrote in

    > Okay ben , please understand that am not asking for any one to spoon
    > feed me the answer my teacher just send me that project to do , and I
    > have no real idea where to start , I don't want the answer , I just
    > want some who knows perl to brake it down to me that all thanks for
    > your response

    Reading the documentation for Yahoo web services would be a start.

    You might want to brush up on your English before doing that.

    Sinan

    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    http://www.rehabitation.com/clpmisc/