Dicom communication protocol

luca.moreschi

Dear all,
I'd like to learn more about Dicom communication protocol.
Taking a look in internet seems that I need the document "PS 3.9-1993
Point to point communication" from Nema or something similar (or
newer). Unfortunately this doc seems very rare.
In the mean time reading a log file from a TCP/IP sniffer I have
written a simple in c++ a Dicom protocol analyzer. This software shows
the meaning of every single byte of a Dicom packet.
In order to write a SCP (server) application I need to know how to
replay to the client.
Anybody have this Doc? Or a similar doc?
Anybody have same C++ sample code?
Anybody is interested to my code?
Thanks
Luca Moreschi
PS: sorry for my bad English

mlimber

I'd like to learn more about Dicom communication protocol.

You should ask about it in a more pertinent newsgroup (cf.
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9). This
one is for discussing the C++ language proper, not arbitrary
applications of the language. Of course, if you have a C++ language
question about implementing this protocol, this would likely be the
right group for it, so come on back!

[snip]
Anybody have this Doc? Or a similar doc?
Anybody have same C++ sample code?
Anybody is interested to my code?

No, no, no, and sorry, no. You may get more interest in a group that
actually deals with the subject of networking or protocols, however.

Cheers! --M

David

Hello Luca,

Dear all,
I'd like to learn more about Dicom communication protocol.
Taking a look in internet seems that I need the document "PS 3.9-1993
Point to point communication" from Nema or something similar (or
newer). Unfortunately this doc seems very rare.
In the mean time reading a log file from a TCP/IP sniffer I have
written a simple in c++ a Dicom protocol analyzer. This software shows
the meaning of every single byte of a Dicom packet.
In order to write a SCP (server) application I need to know how to
replay to the client.
Anybody have this Doc? Or a similar doc?
Anybody have same C++ sample code?
Anybody is interested to my code?
Thanks
Luca Moreschi
PS: sorry for my bad English

My news server has a group called comp.protocol.dicom that may
be useful to you. It has been active, though I've not read it
for a few years. There are also several DICOM related web
sites, though the specifics aren't generally available. Back
when I worked with DICOM you had to purchase the specification
and later specify and get certification for the level of
support your DICOM Server Device was supposed to contain.

There are purchasable DICOM Stacks and there may be public
domain stacks by now. You may just need to do a little
research.

Good luck,

David