difficulty connecting to networked oracle database

yahibble

Now, I am no Python expert but I have dabbled and I have spent a
couple of days with another engineer unsuccessfully installing oracle
drivers for MS ODBC on the win XP machine.

It looked to me like ODBC was the best way to get a (free) python
module to upload data to an oracle database table. Aside from
installing oracle clients to ODBC being a pain, I would like to
consider other ways to connect.

Has anyone had experiences with Python connecting to oracle from Win
XP? I have searched the 'net for various modules and discussions but
have no success thus far.

Thanks, Graeme.

Grig Gheorghiu

As the other posters already mentioned, cx_Oracle is the way to go. I'm
using it to connect to Oracle not only on Windows, but also on Solaris,
Linux and AIX.

Grig