Disco.exe?

Arpan

A Discovery file named "Calculator.disco" exists in
"C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPX\WEBSERVICES" folder.

Now when I enter the following command in the command prompt (at the
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPX\WEBSERVICES prompt):

disco http://localhost/ASPX/WEBSERVICES/Calculator.disco

the following error gets generated:

'disco' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

How do I overcome this error? Isn't "disco.exe" bundled with the .NET
Framework 2.0?

Please note that Windows couldn't locate any "disco.exe" file when I
searched for the file "disco.exe" in my hard drives.

Thanks,

Arpan

Ray Booysen

If you have visual studio 2005 installed, in your start menu under
Visual Studio 2005 -> Visual Studio Tools is a menu item called Visual
Studio 2005 command prompt. Run that and it adds all the correct paths
to the %PATH% object and it should work.

Regards
Ray

Arpan

Ray, I have got Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition installed in
my Win2K Pro m/c. By Visual Studio 2005, do you mean Visual Web
Developer 2005?

Moreover VWD 2005 under the Start menu is not in any folder (it's just
a lone item under Programs) but I have the .Net2.0 SDK installed in my
m/c. which has a Command Prompt clicking which opens the command prompt
at the C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0 prompt.

I even tried running sdkvars.bat file under C:\Program
Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin but that didn't make any difference.

Regards,

Arpan

Juan T. Llibre

re:
I have the .Net2.0 SDK installed

If you do, you will find disco.exe in

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0\Bin

Make sure that path is in your environment variables.

Arpan

I have the .Net2.0 SDK installed
If you do, you will find disco.exe in

C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0\Bin

I do have .Net2.0 SDK installed but strangely there's no file named
"disco.exe" in C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0\Bin (though
Tlbimp.exe, wsdl.exe, xsd.exe etc.) are there!
Make sure that path is in your environment variables

How do I ensure that path is in my environment variables?

When I open "System" (Start-->Control Panel), click the "Advanced" tab
& click the "Environment Variables" button, under "System Variables",
one of the values listed in the variable name "Path" is C:\Program
Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin.

Thanks,

Regards,

Arpan

Juan T. Llibre

re:
I do have .Net2.0 SDK installed but strangely there's no file named
"disco.exe" in C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0\Bin

That's very strange, since it's included in the SDK.

See : http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d9kh6s92.aspx

re:
Make sure that path is in your environment variables

---000---
When I open "System" (Start-->Control Panel), click the "Advanced" tab
& click the "Environment Variables" button, under "System Variables",
one of the values listed in the variable name "Path" is C:\Program
Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin.
---000---

That's the way it's supposed to be.
Why you don't have disco.exe in the /bin directory is a mystery to me.

Maybe you could re-download/re-install it ?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...99-b7b4-4f47-a244-c96d69c35dec&displaylang=en