Disco.exe?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Arpan, Sep 5, 2006.

  1. Arpan

    Arpan Guest

    A Discovery file named "Calculator.disco" exists in
    "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPX\WEBSERVICES" folder.

    Now when I enter the following command in the command prompt (at the
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASPX\WEBSERVICES prompt):

    disco http://localhost/ASPX/WEBSERVICES/Calculator.disco

    the following error gets generated:

    'disco' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
    program or batch file.

    How do I overcome this error? Isn't "disco.exe" bundled with the .NET
    Framework 2.0?

    Please note that Windows couldn't locate any "disco.exe" file when I
    searched for the file "disco.exe" in my hard drives.

    Thanks,

    Arpan
    Arpan, Sep 5, 2006

  2. Arpan

    Ray Booysen Guest

    If you have visual studio 2005 installed, in your start menu under
    Visual Studio 2005 -> Visual Studio Tools is a menu item called Visual
    Studio 2005 command prompt. Run that and it adds all the correct paths
    to the %PATH% object and it should work.

    Regards
    Ray

    Ray Booysen, Sep 5, 2006

  3. Arpan

    Arpan Guest

    Ray, I have got Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition installed in
    my Win2K Pro m/c. By Visual Studio 2005, do you mean Visual Web
    Developer 2005?

    Moreover VWD 2005 under the Start menu is not in any folder (it's just
    a lone item under Programs) but I have the .Net2.0 SDK installed in my
    m/c. which has a Command Prompt clicking which opens the command prompt
    at the C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0 prompt.

    I even tried running sdkvars.bat file under C:\Program
    Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin but that didn't make any difference.

    Regards,

    Arpan

    Arpan, Sep 5, 2006
  4. re:
    > I have the .Net2.0 SDK installed

    If you do, you will find disco.exe in

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0\Bin

    Make sure that path is in your environment variables.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 5, 2006
  5. Arpan

    Arpan Guest

    > > I have the .Net2.0 SDK installed
    > If you do, you will find disco.exe in
    >
    > C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0\Bin

    I do have .Net2.0 SDK installed but strangely there's no file named
    "disco.exe" in C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0\Bin (though
    Tlbimp.exe, wsdl.exe, xsd.exe etc.) are there!

    > Make sure that path is in your environment variables

    How do I ensure that path is in my environment variables?

    When I open "System" (Start-->Control Panel), click the "Advanced" tab
    & click the "Environment Variables" button, under "System Variables",
    one of the values listed in the variable name "Path" is C:\Program

    Arpan, Sep 5, 2006
  6. re:
    > I do have .Net2.0 SDK installed but strangely there's no file named
    > "disco.exe" in C:\Program Files\Microsoft.Net\SDK\v2.0\Bin

    That's very strange, since it's included in the SDK.

    See : http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d9kh6s92.aspx

    re:
    > Make sure that path is in your environment variables

    ---000---
    When I open "System" (Start-->Control Panel), click the "Advanced" tab
    & click the "Environment Variables" button, under "System Variables",
    one of the values listed in the variable name "Path" is C:\Program
    Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin.
    ---000---

    That's the way it's supposed to be.
    Why you don't have disco.exe in the /bin directory is a mystery to me.

    Maybe you could re-download/re-install it ?

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...99-b7b4-4f47-a244-c96d69c35dec&displaylang=en

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 5, 2006