    Does anyone know what I should do? I can I fix it?
    Thanks,
    Michael
    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?=, Feb 22, 2007

  2. On Feb 22, 10:56 pm, Michael <>
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have been upgrading to AJAX 1.0. I removed this line from my config file:
    >
    > <add assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0,
    > Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    >
    > because it seems to be left over from ATLAS. Well, since I took it out all
    > of my validation controls are broke. I get an error like:
    >
    > The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace
    > 'Microsoft.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    >
    > and when I look at the line where it stops it looks like this:
    >
    > private global::Microsoft.Web.UI.Compatibility.RegularExpressionValidator
    > @__BuildControlFileValidator() {
    >
    > Does anyone know what I should do? I can I fix it?
    > Thanks,
    > Michael

    Microsoft.Web.Extensions is the former AJAX assembly and it has been
    changed to System.Web.Extensions.dll.

    See the section "2. Update configuration files"
    http://ajax.asp.net/files/Migration_Guide_Beta2_to_RC.aspx
    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 22, 2007

  3. Ok, I replaced Microsoft.Web.Extensions with System.Web.Extensions, but I
    still get the error on all of my Validation Controls. I even deleted then
    added new and still get the error.

    Any thoughts?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?=, Feb 23, 2007
  4. On Feb 23, 6:46 pm, Michael <> wrote:
    > Ok, I replaced Microsoft.Web.Extensions with System.Web.Extensions, but I
    > still get the error on all of my Validation Controls. I even deleted then
    > added new and still get the error.

    Michael, did you checked the Appendix regarding Manual Configuration
    Changes?

    among the change to System.Web.Extensions in add assembly

    you should:

    1) remove Microsoft.Web.UI.Controls in add namespaces <--- that is the
    reason of your error, I guess
    2) add namespace for System.Web.UI
    3) change configuration - configSections
    4) etc....
    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 24, 2007