Do I need Microsoft.Web.Extensions?

Guest

Hi,
I have been upgrading to AJAX 1.0. I removed this line from my config file:

<add assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

because it seems to be left over from ATLAS. Well, since I took it out all
of my validation controls are broke. I get an error like:

The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace
'Microsoft.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

and when I look at the line where it stops it looks like this:

private global::Microsoft.Web.UI.Compatibility.RegularExpressionValidator
@__BuildControlFileValidator() {

Does anyone know what I should do? I can I fix it?
Thanks,
Michael

Guest

Hi,
I have been upgrading to AJAX 1.0. I removed this line from my config file:

<add assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

because it seems to be left over from ATLAS. Well, since I took it out all
of my validation controls are broke. I get an error like:

The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace
'Microsoft.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

and when I look at the line where it stops it looks like this:

private global::Microsoft.Web.UI.Compatibility.RegularExpressionValidator
@__BuildControlFileValidator() {

Does anyone know what I should do? I can I fix it?
Thanks,
Michael

Microsoft.Web.Extensions is the former AJAX assembly and it has been
changed to System.Web.Extensions.dll.

See the section "2. Update configuration files"
http://ajax.asp.net/files/Migration_Guide_Beta2_to_RC.aspx

Guest

Ok, I replaced Microsoft.Web.Extensions with System.Web.Extensions, but I
still get the error on all of my Validation Controls. I even deleted then
added new and still get the error.

Any thoughts?

Guest

Ok, I replaced Microsoft.Web.Extensions with System.Web.Extensions, but I
still get the error on all of my Validation Controls. I even deleted then
added new and still get the error.

Michael, did you checked the Appendix regarding Manual Configuration
Changes?

among the change to System.Web.Extensions in add assembly

you should:

1) remove Microsoft.Web.UI.Controls in add namespaces <--- that is the
reason of your error, I guess
2) add namespace for System.Web.UI
3) change configuration - configSections
4) etc....