Do .Net Client Applications require MSSoap dlls for calling WebServices?

Jack Wright

Dear All,
Do .Net Client Applications require MSSoap dlls for calling
WebServices? My clients will have only .Net runtime installed on their
machines...and I have created a proxy object from the WebReference
added...I hope it still does not require mssoap dlls...

Please let me know...

Thanks & Regards
Jack

Emil Kvarnhammar

Hi,

The .NET runtime installation contains everything your client app needs
to call web services.

/Emil Kvarnhammar

Jack Wright

Dear All,
I renamed the dlls mssoap1.dll & wisc10.dll
under C:\Program Files\Common Files\MSSoap\Binaries
and ran my .net desktop application...it recreated these dlls...this
means that .net is using this dlls and has wrapped the functionality...

Now to my real problem:
my Clients also create their own forms and want to call WebServices
through VS macros...at some instances mssoap kit is not installed and
hence they are facing problems...
Does VS install mssoap toolkit by default?

Please help...

TALIA

Many Regards
Jack

Emil Kvarnhammar

Hi again,

I think you are wrong. I'm 99.9 % sure that the DLL's aren't wrapped by .NET
runtime.

check DLL help database
http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/fileversion/dllinfo.asp.

Search for the DLL's and you shall find that they are distributed with
Windows XP.

These DLL's are used if you create a COM Soap client (from VB6 or native C++
etc.).

The reason that they are recreated if you remove them, is that the DLL's are
registered
to be handled by System file protection.

/Emil Kvarnhammar