    Please let me know...

    Thanks & Regards
    Jack
    Jack Wright, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Hi,

    The .NET runtime installation contains everything your client app needs
    to call web services.

    /Emil Kvarnhammar

    Emil Kvarnhammar, Jul 29, 2004

  3. Jack Wright

    Jack Wright Guest

    Dear All,
    I renamed the dlls mssoap1.dll & wisc10.dll
    under C:\Program Files\Common Files\MSSoap\Binaries
    and ran my .net desktop application...it recreated these dlls...this
    means that .net is using this dlls and has wrapped the functionality...

    Now to my real problem:
    my Clients also create their own forms and want to call WebServices
    through VS macros...at some instances mssoap kit is not installed and
    hence they are facing problems...
    Does VS install mssoap toolkit by default?

    Please help...

    TALIA

    Many Regards
    Jack

    Jack Wright, Jul 30, 2004
  4. Hi again,

    I think you are wrong. I'm 99.9 % sure that the DLL's aren't wrapped by .NET
    runtime.

    check DLL help database
    http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/fileversion/dllinfo.asp.

    Search for the DLL's and you shall find that they are distributed with
    Windows XP.

    These DLL's are used if you create a COM Soap client (from VB6 or native C++
    etc.).

    The reason that they are recreated if you remove them, is that the DLL's are
    registered
    to be handled by System file protection.

    Emil Kvarnhammar, Jul 30, 2004