Do u think this makes sense??

Developer.Man4

Hi all,

i've been investigating for quite a while for files that are mandatory
to be deployed to the server for an asp.net v1.1 application to run, to
make it more clear, we don't need to move the source code files, .vb
and .cs we have their assemblies deployed on the server.
i also wanted to find out if we can change default locations for some
files that are by default store on the application main folder.
i got the following results and want to make sure if it makes sense :D

application files mandatory
can change its default location
(if its in the application it
must be
located on the server in the
application
main or sub folder)

source code files no
------------------
(. cs and .vb)

web pages
(.asp, .aspx, .html, .htm) yes
no

global.asax no
no

global.asax.cs no
no

web.config yes
no

user control pages no
(.ascx)

webserveices no
no
(.asmx)

resources no
yes
(.res,.resx)

extra files yes
yes
(.txt, .jpg,.jpg,....)

web handlers no
yes
(.ashx)

assemblies no
yes
(.dlls)

NO OTHER FILES CAN BE FOUND ON THE SERVER

i'm using IIS 6, visual studio 2003 and asp.net v1.1, these are a must,
i.e. i can't use vs2005 or asp.net v2 :)

i'm talking about big and complicated applications.

thanx for ur quick advice :)

Developer.Man4

Hi all,

i've been investigating for quite a while for files that are mandatory
to be deployed to the server for an asp.net v1.1 application to run, to
make it more clear, we don't need to move the source code files, .vb
and .cs we have their assemblies deployed on the server.
i also wanted to find out if we can change default locations for some
files that are by default store on the application main folder.
i got the following results and want to make sure if it makes sense :D

manadatory : (if its in the application it must be located on the
server in the application main or sub folder)

application files mandatory can change its default location

source code files no --
(. cs and .vb)

web pages yes no
(.asp, .aspx, .html, .htm)

global.asax no no

global.asax.cs no no

web.config yes no

user control pages no yes
(.ascx)

webserveices no no
(.asmx)

resources no yes
(.res,.resx)

extra files yes yes
(.txt, .jpg,.jpg,....)

web handlers no yes
(.ashx)

assemblies no yes
(.dlls)

NO OTHER FILES CAN BE FOUND ON THE SERVER

i'm using IIS 6, visual studio 2003 and asp.net v1.1, these are a must,
i.e. i can't use vs2005 or asp.net v2 :)

thanx for ur quick advice :)

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You have two choices in 2.0.

1. Deploy everything
2. Publish the site and move the bits published to the server

If you do not want to publish source, use #2.

ttt.tas

i don't have the option for using 2.0, i can only work on 1.x

what about other files