    ZJT Guest

    What are the ways and corresponding tools to transform a docbook
    document to a pdf document? Thanks a lot!
    ZJT, Apr 15, 2004

  2. ZJT wrote:

    > What are the ways and corresponding tools to transform a docbook
    > document to a pdf document? Thanks a lot!

    1) DSSSL stylesheets, jade, and pdfjadetex
    2) DocBook XSL stylesheets, XSLT processor, and FO processor
    3) DB2LaTeX XSL stylesheets, XSLT processor, and pdflatex

    Michael
    Michael Wiedmann, Apr 15, 2004

  3. ZJT

    ZJT Guest

    Michael Wiedmann <-berlin.de> wrote in message news:<-berlin.de>...
    > ZJT wrote:
    >
    > > What are the ways and corresponding tools to transform a docbook
    > > document to a pdf document? Thanks a lot!

    > 1) DSSSL stylesheets, jade, and pdfjadetex
    > 2) DocBook XSL stylesheets, XSLT processor, and FO processor
    > 3) DB2LaTeX XSL stylesheets, XSLT processor, and pdflatex
    >
    > Michael

    I used DocBook XSL stylesheets and XSLT processor to produce an FO
    file. Something like this:

    $ xsltproc --nonet D:/docbook-xsl-1.65.1/fo/docbook.xsl success.xml >
    success.fo
    Making portrait pages on USletter paper (8.5inx11in)

    Then I use FOP to process the FO file:

    $ fop.bat success.fo success.pdf
    [INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
    [INFO] FOP 0.20.5
    [INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
    [INFO] building formatting object tree
    [INFO] setting up fonts
    [ERROR] property - "background-position-horizontal" is not implemented
    yet.
    [ERROR] property - "background-position-vertical" is not implemented
    yet.
    [INFO] JAI support was not installed (read: not present at build
    time). Trying to use Jimi instead
    Error creating background image: Error creating FopImage object
    (http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/images/draft.png) : Jimi image
    library not available
[...]
    [ERROR] Unknown enumerated value for property 'relative-align':
    baseline
    [ERROR] Error in relative-align property value 'baseline':
    org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: No conversion defined
[...]
    [INFO] [1]
    [INFO] [2]
    [INFO] [3]
[...]
    [INFO] [4]
[...]
    [INFO] [5]
[...]
    [WARNING] table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
    [ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be
    specified on table.
    [INFO] [2]
[...]
    [ERROR] null

    As you see, it doesn't work. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks a lot!
    ZJT, Apr 16, 2004
  4. ZJT

    Saqib Ali Guest

    Saqib Ali, Apr 19, 2004