Docs Typo

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Thanks for finding and describing a fault with the Python documentation.
This is not the right place for reporting it, though: this is the Python
user forum, not an appropriate place for reporting faults.

If you would like the issue to be addressed, please report it to the
Python bug tracking system <URL:http://bugs.python.org/>.

What do you want, a bloody HTML patch? Just fix the damn typo, already!

Mark Dickinson

What do you want, a bloody HTML patch?

Nope; just the first two lines of your original post in a
bugs.python.org report would be plenty. If you make sure to
mark 'Documentation' in the Components field, I think this
will get corrected pretty quickly.
Just fix the damn typo, already!

Who is this addressed to? The chances are that the people
most likely to fix this aren't reading this thread. I'd fix
it myself, but I'm at work at the moment with no commit access
to the Python svn repo. And by the time I get home, I'll
probably have forgotten about it. Filing a bugs.python.org
issue makes sure that this *will* get noticed by someone.

Mark

Steven D'Aprano

What do you want, a bloody HTML patch? Just fix the damn typo, already!

I tried abusing strangers on the Internet, but the typo is still there.
So I tried waving my hands in the air, but the typo is still there. Then
I tried chanting magical incantations, but the typo is still there. I
tried kicking the dog across the room, but the typo is still there. Next
I'm going to try wishing really, really hard, and if that fails I'll try
abusing strangers on the Internet again, and if that still fails, well, I
guess that there just is no possible way to fix typos in the Python
documentation.

Such a pity. If only there was, oh I don't know, a Python bug tracker or
something, where one could report bugs and have them fixed.