    no longer available.

    Thanks in advance.
    -gohaku

    gohaku, Jun 11, 2004

  2. gohaku

    Hemanth P.S. Guest

    For extracting .MP3 ID3 tags, you can
    find code snippets to do that in the excellent free online Python book
    <http://diveintopython.org> on a chapter on Objects and Object Orientation.
    You can cook up a similar thing for .WAV headers (if you know the .wav format)

    --Hemanth P.S.

    Hemanth P.S., Jun 11, 2004

  3. gohaku

    zebez Guest

    gohaku <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi everyone,
    > I would like to know if there is a sound library for manipulating and
    > retrieving information from .WAV or .MP3 Files.
    > I came across the page for Pythonware Sound Toolkit but that toolkit is
    > no longer available.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > -gohaku

    I don't know if this is what your looking for but it's a python
    wrapper for fmod (http://www.fmod.org/):

    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=65529&package_id=88928

    though it hasn't been updated for almost a year.

    zebez, Jun 11, 2004
  4. gohaku

    jmdeschamps Guest

    gohaku <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi everyone,
    > I would like to know if there is a sound library for manipulating and
    > retrieving information from .WAV or .MP3 Files.
    > I came across the page for Pythonware Sound Toolkit but that toolkit is
    > no longer available.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > -gohaku

    There is TkSnack
    http://www.speech.kth.se/snack/

    Good luck,

    Jean-Marc

    jmdeschamps, Jun 11, 2004
  5. gohaku

    R.Marquez Guest

    gohaku <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi everyone,
    > I would like to know if there is a sound library for manipulating and
    > retrieving information from .WAV or .MP3 Files.
    > I came across the page for Pythonware Sound Toolkit but that toolkit is
    > no longer available.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > -gohaku

    The good old Vault has a few pointers for you:

    http://py.vaults.ca/parnassus/apyllo.py/63131194

    -Ruben

    R.Marquez, Jun 11, 2004
  6. gohaku <> wrote in

    > Hi everyone,
    > I would like to know if there is a sound library for manipulating and
    > retrieving information from .WAV or .MP3 Files.

    I don't know if that is what you are looking for, but I just
    saw the announcement of PyMedia on this list:
    http://pymedia.sourceforge.net

    Matthias

    Matthias Huening, Jun 14, 2004