does anyone have an cool code for html?

Travis Newbury

Neredbojias said:
If you
subscribe to the theory that the Democrats give too much, I must
retort that the Republicans give too little.

As soon as the rich start driving KIAs I will agree to give more to
the poor. Until then, I give enough. Together with my wife we give
almost 38% of our gross income to the government. I am pretty sure
neither John Kerry or Bush gave up 38% of their income.

But think about it. At least the republican's admit they don't want
to give. I do not see any of the wealthy democrats offering to give
up their millions. And the tax cuts isn't giving it up either. They
are almost irrelivent at their level of wealth.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Travis Newbury quothed:
As soon as the rich start driving KIAs I will agree to give more to
the poor. Until then, I give enough. Together with my wife we give
almost 38% of our gross income to the government. I am pretty sure
neither John Kerry or Bush gave up 38% of their income.

I wasn't talking about giving money to the poor. You shouldn't have to
give anything to the poor. I was referring to the middle class and
using "give" in the reciprocal sense of not taking away what should be
there for them to justly earn.
But think about it. At least the republican's admit they don't want
to give.

The only thing Republicans "admit" is that their convoluted stratagems
are unequivocally and invariably right.
I do not see any of the wealthy democrats offering to give
up their millions. And the tax cuts isn't giving it up either. They
are almost irrelivent at their level of wealth.

This isn't about contributions or even, generally, tax cuts. It's about
bullshitting the American people. -There, I did it myself. 'The
"American People", oh, so sacrosanct, must be led down the path of
righteousness for His name\'s sake lest they wander astray from improper
values and other insidious influences of ignoble character.' That would
be a good Bush paraphrase, no?

As I said: crap. Both parties may be full of it, but at least the
Democrats use it productively for my class. And, btw, a robust middle
class shrinks the ranks of the poor whereas a swollen upper class
increases them.

Travis Newbury

Neredbojias said:
As I said: crap. Both parties may be full of it, but at least
the Democrats use it productively for my class.

How? What do they do that is so productive for your class?

What are hey offering you,that they are not offering me? (or at
heleast wht I don't seem to see as appealing)
And, btw, a
robust middle class shrinks the ranks of the poor whereas a
swollen upper class increases them.

How do you know this? Do you have a reference that can show that is
true?

kchayka

Neredbojias said:
The only thing Republicans "admit" is that their convoluted stratagems
are unequivocally and invariably right.

Well duh, they're Republicans! If they were Democrats, their convoluted
strategems would be unequivocally and invariably left.

dorayme

From: Neredbojias said:
Well, I take your word since I don't watch TV, don't go to the movies,
and don't read the New York Times.

Christ almighty! And I am from Mars?

dorayme

dorayme

From: Travis Newbury said:
England owes me big for repressing my ansestors
religious freedom

So that's why you elected as leader a nincompoop who hears voices from the
beyond...

dorayme

Travis Newbury

dorayme said:
So that's why you elected as leader a nincompoop who hears
voices from the beyond...

The fact England owes me reparations money as nothing to do with me
electing a nincompoop. I elected a nincompoop becuase he was the
lesser of two evils.

dorayme

From: Travis Newbury said:
The fact England owes me reparations money as nothing to do with me
electing a nincompoop. I elected a nincompoop becuase he was the
lesser of two evils.

O yeah? This should be good! His opponent in the last two
elections were people of some education, of some knowledge of
the rest of the world, of some perspective, of some moderation,
of some experience, of proven courage and patriotism. It is
totally sad that you think that a certifiable moron is the best
your country had to offer in the circumstances.

I can't believe what you just said. Maybe you are joking? Make a
Flash movie of the choices you had, it has to be some kinda
cartoon view...

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Travis Newbury quothed:
How? What do they do that is so productive for your class?

What are hey offering you,that they are not offering me? (or at
heleast wht I don't seem to see as appealing)

How do you know this? Do you have a reference that can show that is
true?

Oh, here we go: the typical newsgroup logic/prove-it thing.

I know it because I have seen it and lived it. There is no reference in
the world even equal to that. Furthermore, why would a reference prove
anything? In most cases, it's just another opinion which has at least
the same probability of being wrong as any other opinion.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, kchayka quothed:
Well duh, they're Republicans! If they were Democrats, their convoluted
strategems would be unequivocally and invariably left.

Damn, I didn't think anyone would catch that. :)

All right, all I'm saying is that my standard of living is better under
Democratic auspices than under Republican sway. So, naturally, I'm a
Dem. I also think the Dem philosophy is a bit more rightful than that
of their opponents, but this is a very general thing and statement which
can be argued pro and con relative to more focused issues. That's it.
Everything else is so much fly shit in the pepper pot stew.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
Christ almighty! And I am from Mars?

dorayme

^ Crappy sig again.

TV sucks, the movies usually suck, and the New York Times is so boring
that sucking would make it more interesting. Now before you have a cow,
I did see "Witness" (at the cinema!) and also thought it was excellent.

Real men don't need to be constantly amused by synthetic, vicarious
trifles in order to enjoy life...

wd

We ALL have some mighty big damn sticks in our eyes.

Matthew 7...

We should probably just talk about HTML :)

I gave up on politics in newsgroups a long time ago. The conversations
never go anywhere. I don't think I've ever seen anyone change his mind in
a political newsgroup.

tm

Tony said:
I understand that, but even political historians have trouble deciding
who was the "first" Republican or the "first" Democrat.

No, no, historians have no problem with this. Jefferson was the first
Republican Party president. Lincoln was the first president of the
modern-day Republican Party. You are the one that's confusing yourself
with "first Republican" this and that. No offense, dude, but you
brought it up.
It depends
entirely on accepting the party the person belonged to as being the
same party that is now described by that name.
It isn't just the label of the party that is considered.

Sigh... there you go again.
Stating that the aims of the current party - whichever one - are not
consistent with the aims of original party members, or the aims of the
so-called "founding fathers", is irrelevant. We really wouldn't want
a political party to keep the same aims for over 200 years. The
conditions have changed, so the aims should change.

Say, wtf are we arguing again? Weird tangents are always fun, but
since both of us seem to have limited attention spans, probably best
if we just stick to one argument at a time.

tm

Travis said:
tm said:

Yea, it sucks that we did that. It sucks to have skeletons in the
closet like that. But it's in everyone's closet not just America.

So what would you say we all do to make up for the atrosities that we
all did hundereds of years ago? I know I am hoping for some
reparations because England owes me big for repressing my ansestors
religious freedom and driving us out of England to this bloody
america. Not to mention they, the French, and the Spanish started
all this killing of the injuns thing... And I may still get a few
bucks from Itally for that killing the christians thing. And the
Germans, well ****, they just kinda owe everyone some money...

Yea, that was in jest,

heh. Jesting? No fair. I would never do something so evil and
underhanded in such an important discussion. You brit refugees never
take anything seriously.
but really what could America do
(realistically) to make you say, Damn, they owned up to it and made
it all better now.

Free beer?

Dylan Parry

Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Neredbojias scraped:
^ Crappy sig again.

Please can you explain this "crappy sig" for those of us who haven't got
a clue what you are typing about? All I see if a nym that doesn't have a
valid sigsep (which is bad enough)... is that all this is about?

Travis Newbury

dorayme said:
I can't believe what you just said. Maybe you are joking? Make a
Flash movie of the choices you had, it has to be some kinda
cartoon view...

Both Gore and Kerry wanted to force me to share more of what I work
for than Bush did. They also both wanted to grow the government
bigger than Bish did. And I personaly don't trust any of them.

Travis Newbury

Neredbojias said:
Oh, here we go: the typical newsgroup logic/prove-it thing.
I know it because I have seen it and lived it.

Anicdotal data is meaningless. I have seen the opposite, therefore I
am right?
In most cases, it's just
another opinion which has at least the same probability of being
wrong as any other opinion.

I agree with that.