does anyone have an cool code for html?

Travis Newbury

Neredbojias said:
All right, all I'm saying is that my standard of living is
better under Democratic auspices than under Republican sway.

And mine are better under Republican.
So, naturally, I'm a Dem. I also think the Dem philosophy is a
bit more rightful than that of their opponents, but this is a
very general thing and statement which can be argued pro and con
relative to more focused issues. That's it. Everything else is
so much fly shit in the pepper pot stew.

And the stew is slowly turning to pure fly shit no matter who is in
control.. <sigh...>

tm

Travis Newbury said:
Both Gore and Kerry wanted to force me to share more of what I work
for than Bush did. They also both wanted to grow the government
bigger than Bish did.

Wow, you must be kicking yourself right about now watching a Clinton
surplus turn into an outofcontrol Bish deficit. Thank god Bish is not
a tax-and spend liberal, eh? Borrow-and-spend is way better for us.
And **** our children, what did they ever do for us anyway? Lazy
ingrates.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Travis Newbury quothed:
Anicdotal data is meaningless. I have seen the opposite, therefore I
am right?

Well, we know *that* can't be true...
I agree with that.

....And, therefore, *all* data is meaningless? You must be a nihilist.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Travis Newbury quothed:
And mine are better under Republican.

Okay, that is certainly quite possible. But you should be ashamed for
your part in allowing the country to rot under dubious leaders for mere
personal gain.
And the stew is slowly turning to pure fly shit no matter who is in
control.. <sigh...>

That I can agree with. Perhaps if we paid altruists better, there would
be more of them.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Dylan Parry quothed:
Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Neredbojias scraped:

Please can you explain this "crappy sig" for those of us who haven't got
a clue what you are typing about? All I see if a nym that doesn't have a
valid sigsep (which is bad enough)... is that all this is about?

Well, I don't know what a "nym" is, but I think you've got it. In
replying to such mismissives, one has to negotiate the hurdle of the
superfluous text repeatedly which can be rather annoying.

Travis Newbury

Neredbojias said:
Okay, that is certainly quite possible. But you should be ashamed for
your part in allowing the country to rot under dubious leaders for mere
personal gain.

What I am ashamed about is what virtually all governemts have turned
into. And the trend will continue aslong as we allow for professional
politicians.

My motto: Never re-elect anyone! Once in office, politicians are only
concerned with staying in power.

Dylan Parry

Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Neredbojias scraped:
Well, I don't know what a "nym" is, but I think you've got it.

Right, okay. Well I think she (?) has fixed the sigsep issue somewhere
else in the thread, so that's one down! By "nym" I was referring to the
use of a pseudonym or an anonymous name.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Travis Newbury quothed:
That's the problem with anicdotal data. It is all true.

He he, yeah... I must say that although this political discussion is
probably typical in meaningfulness, it's an elephant's ass better in
specific content.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Travis Newbury quothed:
What I am ashamed about is what virtually all governemts have turned
into. And the trend will continue aslong as we allow for professional
politicians.

Yep. I don't disagree with that whatsoever.
My motto: Never re-elect anyone! Once in office, politicians are only
concerned with staying in power.

They feel they deserve it - for all their good, giving work. Like
doctors.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Dylan Parry quothed:
Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Neredbojias scraped:

Right, okay. Well I think she (?) has fixed the sigsep issue somewhere
else in the thread, so that's one down! By "nym" I was referring to the
use of a pseudonym or an anonymous name.

Oh. -Still ain't up on that newspeak despite the 21 year learning
period.

dorayme

^ Crappy sig again.

TV sucks, the movies usually suck, and the New York Times is so boring
that sucking would make it more interesting. Now before you have a cow,
I did see "Witness" (at the cinema!) and also thought it was excellent.

Real men don't need to be constantly amused by synthetic, vicarious
trifles in order to enjoy life...

A couple of quick points Boji. One, I would not know as I am not
a real man. Two, I think I am onto this sig thing a bit...

dorayme

From: Travis Newbury said:
Both Gore and Kerry wanted to force me to share more of what I work
for than Bush did. They also both wanted to grow the government
bigger than Bish did. And I personaly don't trust any of them.

Even if this is true, which I doubt, what you share with who is
very much lower on the scale of importance - you will simply
have to trust me on this - than what this nincompoop is doing,
not only to your country but to the whole world.

It seems to simply escape you that there are things more
important than the size of govt... but on this if you actually
look around the world, including at American stats, the more
vocal "small govt" parties do no better in making govt smaller
than the those who don't much talk about this as an aim. You
have been dudded and you are doing the dudding at the same time.

dorayme

From: Travis Newbury said:
Anicdotal data is meaningless. I have seen the opposite, therefore I
am right?

I agree with that.

You shouldn't have. A "a reference that can show that [it] is true" cannot
possibly be "just another opinion which has at least the same probability of
being wrong as any other opinion".

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
A couple of quick points Boji. One, I would not know as I am not
a real man. Two, I think I am onto this sig thing a bit...

Yes!! You got the sig right. Kudos and bon homme to you.

Travis Newbury

Neredbojias said:
Cite?? Cite what, the pledge of allegiance?

Probably a typo... the poster probably meant to say "psyche.." A
rather old cliché meaning "got ya"

Or I could just be talking out my butt (a more likely scenario...)

Travis Newbury

tm said:
Wow, you must be kicking yourself right about now watching a
Clinton surplus turn into an outofcontrol Bish deficit.

No I am pissed that losers we have in congress that won't stop
funding pork. The president doesn't spend money. Congress does.

We have the ability to have a completely new congress every 6 years.
THEY are the ones that can make real changes. Not the president. He
can only suggest a direction. Congress is who actually puts money
into or takes money out of your pocket.

If you want change, then change congress.

Travis Newbury

dorayme said:
It seems to simply escape you that there are things more
important than the size of govt...

No I think the size of government is directly related to how we can
deal with other issues.

Virtually all issues can be handed betted by state and local
governments than they can by a larger federal government. State and
local governments know the people and specific things that make their
local population different than say the population in a state 2,000
miles away.

The federal government is a one size fits all solution. That can
never work. The federal government has one primary duty. To protect
us. State and local governments can handle everything else more
efficiently and with greater compassion, as they know the people.

Take my 38%. Fine, that is what I pay to live here. But to spend it
wisely, it will take the state and local governments.