    So for testing purpose only I increased the privedges of the IU_ASPNEt user to administrator, which in my view is very bad for security reasons, but I cant figure out how to set the minimal privedges to this user to make my application both secure and working

    Looking anxiously for answers and suggestions

    -Aayush
    Aayush, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Aayush

    Jéjé Guest

    use the active user impersonation or you can choose a particular account to
    authenticate your local request on the server.

    if your actual authentication method is Windows, I recommend to impersonate.
    In this case the security used to access your local ressources on the server
    is the client security.

    look at the <impersonate> tag in your web.config file.

    "Aayush" <> a écrit dans le message de

    > Hi,
    > I am developing ASP.NET web applications that involves automating of

    office componets (like Word etc.) for which I need to read/write .doc files
    etc. But with the default prividges I encountered an error saying that the
    IU_ASPNET user's privedges do not allow the doc file to be opened !!!

    Jéjé, Oct 20, 2003