Does IIS thread each web service request?

Guest

Hello All:

Does IIS thread each web service request? In other words, if I request a
web service five times, will IIS thread each request or will it cache
requests 2-5 until request 1 has completed and then submit request 2?

TIA,

Marina Levit [MVP]

It is multithreaded, so requests are not queued. If they were, all web
servers would be incredibly slow and unusable.

There is a limit to the number of concurrent threads, though I do not know
what that is.

Karl Seguin [MVP]

IIS is a multi-threading server. Each request goes off into it's own
threads. It will reuse threads and of course has a limit on how many threads
it has going before a queue starts to form (I don't know what that limit
is).

Karl