Does it really matter?

Roy

Hey all,
You know it, you love it, it's the:
"As per the active schema <insert tag here> cannot be nested withing
<insert some other tage here>"
Error.

My question is, does it really matter at all?
I routinely ignore the squiggly underlines and go about my business
with no worries. Is there something to be gained by following the
scrict schema VS desires?

Thanks.

Teemu Keiski

It doesn't matter if the rendered end result works in (X)HTML. VS is just
unable to validate etc and probably can't give so good Intellisense support
etc, but it's not a showstopper.

Karl Seguin

No.

VS.net complains twice for this, which should be enough to tell anyone to
ignore it:

<asp:Repeater ID="repeater" runat="server">
<HeaderTemplate>
</HeaderTemplate>
<ItemTemplate>
</ItemTemplate>
<FooterTemplate>
</FooterTemplate>
</asp:Repeater>

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
annoying)

Eliyahu Goldin

but you lose nothing from changing it to

<asp:Repeater ID="repeater" runat="server">
<HeaderTemplate>
</HeaderTemplate>
<ItemTemplate>
</ItemTemplate>
<FooterTemplate>
</FooterTemplate>
</asp:Repeater>

No complains for that.

Eliyahu

Karl Seguin

Except that the <table></table> tags will be generated even if I set the
repeater's visibility to false, say because their are no rows...maybe it's
still valid, but it irks me...

Karl