Does not display errors in other projects

G

I have an ASP.Net application that references multiple projects. If an exception occurs in the startup project I can see what line the error occurs on and the source code, if the error occurs in another project I get the error below. It looks like Visual Studio does not have permission to read the source code, but I gave the local ASPNET user full control to my source code and web application directory. We have another computer with the same configuration that works fine

I am using Visual Studio 2003 on Windows XP SP1 with Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573.

Server Error in '/Pdc.Web.UI' Application
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Value cannot be null. Parameter name: s
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name:

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null
Parameter name: s
System.IO.StringReader..ctor(String s) +7
System.Web.FormatterWithFileInfo.GetSourceFileLines(String fileName, Encoding encoding, String sourceCode, Int32 lineNumber
System.Web.UnhandledErrorFormatter.get_ColoredSquareContent(
System.Web.ErrorFormatter.GetHtmlErrorMessage(Boolean dontShowSensitiveInfo
System.Web.HttpResponse.WriteErrorMessage(Exception e, Boolean dontShowSensitiveErrors
System.Web.HttpResponse.ReportRuntimeError(Exception e, Boolean canThrow
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FinishRequest(HttpWorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context, Exception e) +48

Ask a Question