Strange Crash when trying to post a blog comment

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by stevescottwork, Apr 16, 2010.

  1. This happens on Dev and Live...no idea why...

    I saw another post with a similar error on the asp.net forums with no
    answers, however it was identical except for the Telerik part of the stack

    Server Error in '/' Application.
    Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: key

    Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: key

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: key]
    System.Web.Caching.CacheKey..ctor(String key, Boolean isPublic) +11232998
    System.Web.Caching.CacheInternal.DoGet(Boolean isPublic, String key,
    CacheGetOptions getOptions) +62

    Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.SpamProtection.Captcha.CaptchaProtector.GetCachedCaptcha(String guid) +27

    Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.SpamProtection.Captcha.CaptchaProtector.ValidateCaptcha(String userEntry) +24
    Telerik.Web.UI.SpamProtection.SpamProtector.Validate() +132
    Telerik.Cms.Web.CmsPageBase.Validate(String validationGroup) +194
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    +105
    sourceControl, String eventArgument) +29
    includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2981
    stevescottwork, Apr 16, 2010

  2. "stevescottwork" <> wrote in message
    > This happens on Dev and Live...no idea why...
    >
    > I saw another post with a similar error on the asp.net forums with no
    > answers, however it was identical except for the Telerik part of the stack
    >
    > Server Error in '/' Application.
    > Value cannot be null.
    > Parameter name: key
    > about
    >
    > Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    > Parameter name: key

    You are using caching, I assume, as that is where the error is in the stack
    trace. Perhaps using a vary by X mode? And you are not supplying a default
    X. That is a wild guess, as I don't see any of your page or code, but I can
    definitely tell a null key value is being placed into cache.

    --
    Peace and Grace,
    Greg

    Twitter: @gbworld