    So until I can get a new HD I need to keep weeding out the weeds!

    TIA.

    Warren

    Warren, Jun 19, 2006

  2. Warren

    Larry Bates Guest

    Warren wrote:
    > I am running win2k pro and was wondering if writing python scripts or
    > running modules dumps anything in the "C" drive? I have 3 partitions
    > and run python on the 3rd one or "E"drive.
    > My "C" drive is almost full and keeps loading up with stuff I don't
    > want or need. Some of it I can find some not.
    > So until I can get a new HD I need to keep weeding out the weeds!
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Warren

    Python puts .pyc modules in same directory as .py module. It is
    a LOT more likely that you are filling up the hard drive with
    temp files or cached files from the browser. Clear out your
    Temporary Internet files (if you haven't already) and change the
    location of temporary Internet files to another drive. Also
    check c:\windows\temp. That directory gets lots of crud that I
    have to clean out.

    -Larry

    Larry Bates, Jun 20, 2006