DOM parser for XSD

karuna1712

Hi,

I am working on a project which requires me to parse an XSD using DOM.
I went through some articles on the internet on XML DOM parsing. Since
XSD files are XML documents, I can use methods like getElementByTag
etc to parse the xsd. I needed some examples to help me in writing a
parser. Can any one point me to a good example that parses an xsd
file?

Thanks

Martin Honnen

I am working on a project which requires me to parse an XSD using DOM.
I went through some articles on the internet on XML DOM parsing. Since
XSD files are XML documents, I can use methods like getElementByTag
etc to parse the xsd. I needed some examples to help me in writing a
parser. Can any one point me to a good example that parses an xsd
file?

You need a namespace aware DOM implementation, then the DOM parser does
the parsing work for you and creates an XML DOM document which you can
use. Concrete examples depend on the programming language and DOM parser
you want to use and what information exactly you want to extract once
you have the XML DOM document.