Double posts?

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

Why is every post I make to the list getting doubled? Or is it just
me? I'm using Mail.app on OSX.

Cheers-
-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
(e-mail address removed)

Ivan Vodopiviz

i have the same problem using gmail (by web). whenever i post to the
list, i have my message double posted...

James Britt

Ivan said:
i have the same problem using gmail (by web). whenever i post to the
list, i have my message double posted...

I think you're jut getting a copy sent to you from GMail; it may not be
double-posting to the list.

James

Gregory Brown

i have the same problem using gmail (by web). whenever i post to the
list, i have my message double posted...

This annoyed me for a while, so I set up a filter.
Go to create a filter up by 'Search the web' and then put in the from
field your email address and the to field ruby-talk and have it trash
them by default. :)

Ivan Vodopiviz

yup, gmail is keeping a copy of my post to show everything "as a
thread" an then the mailist sends me my own post... thanx gregory for
the tip ;-)

Rob Rypka

This annoyed me for a while, so I set up a filter.
Go to create a filter up by 'Search the web' and then put in the from
field your email address and the to field ruby-talk and have it trash
them by default. :)

I tried that once. Doesn't it trash the entire thread?

I generally want to keep the threads around that I posted in for
reference. I may try it again - perhaps I'm wrong.

Dirk Meijer

------=_Part_13596_619327.1133555273582

2005/12/2 said:
I think you're jut getting a copy sent to you from GMail; it may not be
double-posting to the list.

James
it probably is,
but i did see someone else double-post, who (probably coincidentially) also
used GMail.
but i agree, it's very annoying.

------=_Part_13596_619327.1133555273582--

Gregory Brown

I tried that once. Doesn't it trash the entire thread?

I generally want to keep the threads around that I posted in for
reference. I may try it again - perhaps I'm wrong.

No it doesn't trash the thread. But it does trash YOUR response :-/
Which sucks, yeah, but it's less annoying than double posts to me.