Download a file

Øyvind Isaksen

Hi!

I need to have script that automatic download files (open a "save file
dialog box") based on a variable (value in the URL).

Example:
files.asp?file=1 shall automaticly download file1.mp3 (open a dialogbox for
saving file1.mp3)
files.asp?file=2 shall automaticly download file2.mp3 (open a dialogbox for
saving file2.mp3)

Hope someone PLEASE can help me!!!

Regards
Øyvind Isaksen

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

just have the page read the value and redirect to the file. It will open
(prompt for save) automatically.

Actually, an MP3 will probably load right into media player, and maybe even
right within the browser (the media toolbar or whatever nonsense that
became) -- depending on the user's preferences for the media player.