download function

Jan Janssen

Dear sir/madam,

I am writing a program which is some kind of moviedatabase based on a struct filled with information from a textfile.

I'm trying to build an update function which downloads a textfile from the internet. First i used a buildingblock from fastnet to connect to a ftp-server. The problem with this block is that if a download is failed the program crashes cause of the ftp-connection (logging in etc).

Cause i can't fix this bug i want to write an update function works from http instead of ftp.
The big problem is that i don't know how to do this. Finding out how the ftp block worked was quite simple but i can't figure out how i can do the same with http.

Is there anyone who can help me with this problem?
Thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Jan janssen

Jim Langston

Jan Janssen said:
Dear sir/madam,

I am writing a program which is some kind of moviedatabase based on a
struct filled with information from a textfile.

I'm trying to build an update function which downloads a textfile from the
internet. First i used a buildingblock from fastnet to connect to a
ftp-server. The problem with this block is that if a download is failed
the program crashes cause of the ftp-connection (logging in etc).

Cause i can't fix this bug i want to write an update function works from
http instead of ftp.
The big problem is that i don't know how to do this. Finding out how the
ftp block worked was quite simple but i can't figure out how i can do the
same with http.

Is there anyone who can help me with this problem?
Thanks in advance.

I use C++ Socket Class for Windows
http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/win/misc/sockets.html

which I modified for HTTP downloads. If that doesn't work for you, google
for "HTTP Socket Class" and see what you get. Good luck.