Download timeout after ~15 min

cburkhar

Hi all, I'm having a terrible time downloading a file from IIS5 when
the site is using .net 2.x.

Web page:
Where log.log is a 60MB log file.

I have tried various files, .wmv, .zip, and they the client gets a
message "The connection with the server was reset" after about 15 min
(900-960 sec)

Setting the "Connection timeout" lower or higher does not seem to
help.

Any ideas?

George Ter-Saakov

I do not think it relates to .NET

your link goes through IIS and not .NET framework because you are trying to
download file with extension .log.

I am not sure if anything can be tweaked at the IIS level but I suspect if
you have a proxy server between web server and your computer it's proxy's
fault.

George

cburkhar

I do not think it relates to .NET

your link goes through IIS and not .NET framework because you are trying to
download file with extension .log.

I am not sure if anything can be tweaked at the IIS level but I suspect if
you have a proxy server between web server and your computer it's proxy's
fault.

George

I had wildcard application mappings set up, so .NET was handling
the .log file, and applying the timeout. Thanks for the help