download using asp

vinodkus

dear sir/madam
I have to do something like this that a user see list of record if
he would find record and want to download that list then a button
should be available on page so that he could download that list
in a pdf file of that record. please help me

Thanks in advance

Mike Brind

dear sir/madam
I have to do something like this that a user see list of record if
he would find record and want to download that list then a button
should be available on page so that he could download that list
in a pdf file of that record. please help me

Thanks in advance

There's nothing native in ASP that allows you to work with PDF files. You
will need to use a third party component such as ASPPDF:
http://www.asppdf.com/

I don't know of any free ones for classic ASP. but if you can work with
ASP.NET instead, there are quite a few. Google will help you find one
that's suitable.

Anthony Jones

dear sir/madam
I have to do something like this that a user see list of record if
he would find record and want to download that list then a button
should be available on page so that he could download that list
in a pdf file of that record. please help me

Is there a reason why it needs to be a PDF?

Making a page printer friendly. There are plenty of free PDF creators that
appear as printer drivers. The user can then 'print' the page to a PDF.

OTH you could place your data in XML and use XSL to transform it to HTML,
you can get tools that support XSL FO that can transform XML to PDF.