    This makes it very hard for me to set things out correctly in IE. What's
    up with IE 8?

    Andrew Poulos

    Andrew Poulos, Aug 24, 2009

  2. Andrew Poulos wrote:
    > [...]
    > With IE 8 and the DPI set to 120 it thinks the screen available space on
    > my monitor with 1024 x 768 resolution is 819 x 584. Also it looks like
    > its rescaling images.
    >
    > This makes it very hard for me to set things out correctly in IE. What's
    > up with IE 8?

    Off-topic. <http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting>

    PointedEars
    --
    var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
    ) // Plone, register_function.js:16

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Aug 24, 2009

  3. Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    > Andrew Poulos wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> With IE 8 and the DPI set to 120 it thinks the screen available space on
    >> my monitor with 1024 x 768 resolution is 819 x 584. Also it looks like
    >> its rescaling images.
    >>
    >> This makes it very hard for me to set things out correctly in IE. What's
    >> up with IE 8?

    > Off-topic. <http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting>

    No its not. The question is, to re-word it, how do I compensate for IE
    8's "logical" resizing of the window, for DPIs other than 96, when I'm
    trying to get screen.availableWidth etc?

    Andrew Poulos

    Andrew Poulos, Aug 24, 2009
  4. Andrew Poulos wrote:
    > Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    >> Andrew Poulos wrote:
    >>> [...]
    >>> With IE 8 and the DPI set to 120 it thinks the screen available space on
    >>> my monitor with 1024 x 768 resolution is 819 x 584. Also it looks like
    >>> its rescaling images.
    >>>
    >>> This makes it very hard for me to set things out correctly in IE. What's
    >>> up with IE 8?

    >> Off-topic. <http://jibbering.com/faq/#posting>

    > No its not. The question is, to re-word it, how do I compensate for IE
    > 8's "logical" resizing of the window, for DPIs other than 96, when I'm
    > trying to get screen.availableWidth etc?

    Probably simple math will suffice. However, the question is instead, why
    you are using the known-to-be-unreliable `screen' object in the first place.

    PointedEars
    --
    realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
    evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict