Drag and Drop

BenJ

I am tring to implement Drag and Drop in my asp.net web-app, the idea is to
allow a user to Drag and Drop an Object/Image to any location on a form
(with a grid-background), and have the server store the usr selection. Is it
possible to do this purely in asp.net? (no Java). Any example or link would
be appriciated.

Thanks,

Alessandro Zifiglio

hi Benj,
Yes this is possbile *but* you'd have to combine asp.net on the server and
javascript on the client because the drag is going to have to take place on
the client and then postback the new co-ordinates to the server. This is a
custom server control I have been working on for a few months now and I'm
doing the final tuning. When its ready I'll post you the link but note it
wont be a freebe ;P

If you still want to wait another 10 months till Asp.net 2.0 releases then
you'd be able to use sharepoints webparts. This provides this same
funtionality you are seeking :)