Dreamweaver Integration

Guest

Is there an easy way to integrate Dreamweaver into VS.. Just a quick way to
move the HTML of a web form into Dreamweaver for a bit to use it's features
and then back into VS... Other than saving and opening in the other tool...
Maybe with a macro? Anyone done this? The VS HTML editor just needs help.

Thanks.

Jerry

tdavisjr

I remember thest days; but with Visual Web Developer and VS 2005 HTML
editing is much, much nicer. However, to answer your question, What I
did was add Dreamwever as an external tool in VS.NET and I think I was
able to pass the filename of the page I was currently editing as a
argument parameter. This would open the file in DW when it launched, I
would make my edits then then go back to VS.NET.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for Tdavisjr's inputs.

Hi Jerry,

As Tdavisjr has mentioned, VS 2005's html designer has much enhanced and
some of the ASP.NET specific UI designing feature (like themes or
Masterpage ) is also cool... In addition, if you do need to use external
html editors to edit the aspx page, we can also launch it through the
following steps:

1. In VS2005's solution explorer, right click a certain aspx page we want
to edit...

2. choose the "Open with...." menu item and there will launch the editor
selection dialog

3. In the dialog , you can add your own favorite editor or set it as
default one....

Hope helps.Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support