Drill down reports via a map (Mappoint?)

mrwoopey

Hi,

I need to be able to click onto a map and then drill down to a report.
For example, could we have a map of the Chicagoland area with
clickable areas (zip code) and when a user clicks on an area it would
drill down to a list of stores (Crystal Reports) for that clicked
area. Could Mappoint do this? If not is there something else you could
recommend (Crystal Report's maps (8.5) is not very good)?

Also, with our Action Pack Subscription (APS), we received MS MapPoint
2002 Setup and MS MapPoint 2002 Run CDs. APS includes 10 licenses for
MapPoint. Could we use these on our server or do we need the to call
the web service (wsdl) for our web or stand alone app?

Thanks,

Phin

Rowland Shaw

mrwoopey said:
I need to be able to click onto a map and then drill down to a report.
For example, could we have a map of the Chicagoland area with
clickable areas (zip code) and when a user clicks on an area it would
drill down to a list of stores (Crystal Reports) for that clicked
area. Could Mappoint do this? If not is there something else you could
recommend (Crystal Report's maps (8.5) is not very good)?

One solution:
Use the "save as web page" feature in MapPoint, with hyperlinks based on the
territories.
Use the parameterisation feature in Crystal Reports to go from this. (I've
seen something similar done with a map driving a drill down into a Crystal
Analysis Report) - passing parameters to the CR viewer may be a v9 thing, I
forget -- check with Crystal help files or tech support...

Licencing for this solution is simple. Each "designer" user consumes a
MapPoint licence. Each designer may save up to 1,000 maps as webpages for
general consumption. "End" users then do not require a licence, in my
belief.