drop down list should display data as user enters value in it

Guest

Hi,

I have a drop down list bound to a database thorugh a data reader. It reads
the customer names from data reader.

Now, I want the user to be able to type more than one alphabet & the list
becomes shorter & shorter for the user to choose a value from. For example,
suppose the user wants to select the name "Michael" from the dop down list .
So when he tabs over & reaches this drop down list, he types "Mi" , then all
the names beginning with "Mi " are displayed . When he ttypes "Mic", then the
drop down list becomes shorter & all the names beginning with "Mic" are
displayed.

The drop down list which I have now allows typing only the first letter &
not subsequent letters. Presently, if a user types "M" , then all names
beginning with M are displayed but when the user types the next letter "i"
(from "Michael) , then the list shows all the letters beginning with "I"
rather than beginning with "Mi".

How to go about doing this?

Thanks

arbabi

You can't find this kind of functionality in the standard controls. You
have to either write your own control or buy it from a third party, i
know infragistics WebCombo has that.