Drop Down Menus...

bruce

Hi...

Never used python, but I have a question regarding Drop Down Menus. Does
Python allow me to create a website, that will permit the user to create
Drop Down menus that can be initiated with the right mouse click? If it can,
is it fairly easy to implement?

Thanks

-Bruce

alisonken1

Hello Bruce -
Hi...

Never used python, but I have a question regarding Drop Down Menus. Does
Python allow me to create a website, that will permit the user to create
Drop Down menus that can be initiated with the right mouse click? If it can,
is it fairly easy to implement?

If you are talking about client-side menu's, you should be looking at
Java or Java-Script.

Python is good at server-side scripting, but there is no >widely
installed< python interpreter on peoples browsers that would work,
whereas java and javascript are pretty much the standard in client-side
scripting in web browsers.

bruno at modulix

bruce said:
Hi...

Never used python, but I have a question regarding Drop Down Menus. Does
Python allow me to create a website,
Yes.

that will permit the user to create
Drop Down menus that can be initiated with the right mouse click?

Not sure to understand what you mean, but this is nothing
Python-specific - web-programming is web-programming, whatever the
server-side techno/language.

Colin Gillespie

bruce said:
Hi...

Never used python, but I have a question regarding Drop Down Menus. Does
Python allow me to create a website, that will permit the user to create
Drop Down menus that can be initiated with the right mouse click? If it can,
is it fairly easy to implement?

Thanks

-Bruce
No you wouldn't use python for this. Look at javascript & CSS.

e.g. http://www.youngpup.net/2004/transmenus/examples
and http://www.robocup2004.pt/

Colin