Dynamic Control Injection Model?

S. Justin Gengo

Leeor,

I'm using the same technique. It's working very well on my site.

By the way it's possible to cache usercontrols on an individual basis so
caching wise you should have great control over that...

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

Leeor Geva

Hi,
I have been writing for the past 2 months a website purely made of
basically 1 ASPX page
(Default.ASPX) and loading different parts of the website using WebForm
Controls in a Panel.

My main question: Is this going to hurt me when it comes time to
deployment? As in, will caching be handled really badly?

This is something I am very much affraid of, and if that happens will move
to multiple page (old ASP) design model.

Thanks,
Leeor

Leeor Geva

Justin,

How do you handle when someone wants to add a certain section of the
website to Favorties? Or if you want to link to a certain section?

Thanks,
Leeor

S. Justin Gengo

Leeor,

Good question! Right now I'm not. (But my website is small.)

But we're gearing up to use the same technique at my company for all our
company websites, we like it so much, and we'll need to allow links there.

Our plan is to use querystring values to dynamically load the correct user
controls that way favorites and links of all kinds will work since they will
be unique.

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer