Deployment Question

S. Justin Gengo

Zach,

You'll need to place the .aspx file for the form on your website.

I have a short explanation of what files are necessary (and the best way to
get them) in the code library at my website, www.aboutfortunate.com. Click
the "Code Library" link at the top of the page and the use the search box
there to search for "deploy necessary files".

If you have any other questions after reading that feel free to email
me/post.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Zach

With Studio .NET (using ASP IDE and C#) I have created a dll.
The dll contains a form.
I have a website.
From that website I wish to call the form in the dll.
Presumably I need a couple of script lines in an existing page of my website
to call the form.
I don't know how to do this and would be grateful for some help.
Considering that maybe just a few script code lines would be involved,
if you know how to do this, please respond with the code lines required.

Many thanks,

Zach

Kevin Spencer

What sort of form are we talking about here? A WebForm or a Windows Form?
Also, what do you mean by "call the form?" A form is a class. You don't call
it. You instantiate it. You call methods. You instantiate classes.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

Zach

I couldn't help wondering why you took the trouble to look at my time zone,
rather than answer my question, since you were responding to my posting
anyway. However, I have retracted my question, as you can see elsewhere.
Cheers mate !@+.
Zach.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
I couldn't help wondering why you
took the trouble to look at my time zone,

1. Because you insisted that your time was
set right, and the fact was that it was not.

Your posts were dated in the future.

2. Because it's regarded as bad manners to future post
any messages to any news server.

3. Because others might see you as rude for future-posting.

In essence, I was trying to help you do things right.

However, it was just good advice.
You can choose to ignore it, and be as rude as you want to be.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
==========================

Zach

Kevin Spencer said:
What sort of form are we talking about here? A WebForm or a Windows Form?
Also, what do you mean by "call the form?" A form is a class. You don't call
it. You instantiate it. You call methods. You instantiate classes.

Yes I realize I need a lot more basic knowledge.
A friend has suggested some literature that I shall study

Thank you respondents for having replied.

Zach.

Kevin Spencer

Well, we can all use more knowledge. I spend at least an hour or 2 a day
researching. But in order to anwer your question, I would need to know
whether, at the very least, you were talking about a WebForm or a Windows
Form. Using one or the other in a web application differs greatly. The rest
of my comments were educational in nature. Understanding terminology is
important to understanding the hows and whys of development. However,
certain questions can be understood (and answered) even with poor
terminology, depending upon the terminology used.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

Zach

However, it was just good advice.
You can choose to ignore it, and be as rude as you want to be.

I was totally unaware of the conequences of my time zone being wrong
being rude (intentionally) is not my life style.
I have made the necessary changes now.

Zach.