Dynamically bind and display report in ReportViewer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David Dvali, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. David Dvali

    David Dvali Guest

    Hello.

    I have just started using Microsoft Reporting tools and I like it very much.
    I'm using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 for
    generating reports in my ASP.NET web application.

    Now I want to do following:
    I want to add feature which will allow user to upload untyped report file to
    the web server and then my application will dynamically bind and display
    this report in ReportViewer Control.
    I will use local type (Local processing mode) reports, so I will not publish
    report to Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services, I need to render
    uploaded reports locally dynamically bind it to the ReportViewer Control.
    It was possible to do this in Crystal Reports by uploading untyped report
    (rpt) file, but as I can see Microsoft Reporting is much more better in many
    aspects, so if it supports such functionality I will migrate to Microsoft
    Reporting from Crystal Reports.

    Thank you.

    Best regards,
    David Dvali