Dynamically bind and display report in ReportViewer

David Dvali

Hello.

I have just started using Microsoft Reporting tools and I like it very much.
I'm using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 for
generating reports in my ASP.NET web application.

Now I want to do following:
I want to add feature which will allow user to upload untyped report file to
the web server and then my application will dynamically bind and display
this report in ReportViewer Control.
I will use local type (Local processing mode) reports, so I will not publish
report to Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services, I need to render
uploaded reports locally dynamically bind it to the ReportViewer Control.
It was possible to do this in Crystal Reports by uploading untyped report
(rpt) file, but as I can see Microsoft Reporting is much more better in many
aspects, so if it supports such functionality I will migrate to Microsoft
Reporting from Crystal Reports.

Thank you.

Best regards,
David Dvali