Easter

Discussion in 'HTML' started by F F, Mar 12, 2008.

  1. F F

    F F Guest

    F F, Mar 12, 2008

  2. F F

    rf Guest

    "F F" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Happy Easter to all.

    What's happy about it. Didn't some poor blighter get nailed up? :)

    Besides, you're a week and a half early.

    rf, Mar 12, 2008

  3. Travis Newbury, Mar 12, 2008
  4. F F

    rf Guest

    "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 11, 11:58 pm, "rf" <> wrote:
    >> > Happy Easter to all.
    >> > http://www.frogylady.com

    > Nice flexible design...

    <looks/>

    Indeed.

    Pity about the validation :)

    --
    Richard.

    rf, Mar 12, 2008
  5. F F

    mrcakey Guest

    Ugliest site ever competition ( was Re: Easter)

    "F F" <> wrote in message
    > Happy Easter to all.
    >
    > http://www.frogylady.com

    Good Godfrey Evans! That may be just about the ugliest site I've EVER
    seen - anyone got any other contenders?

    +mrcakey

    mrcakey, Mar 12, 2008
  6. F F

    mrcakey Guest

    "F F" <> wrote in message
    > Happy Easter to all.
    >
    > http://www.frogylady.com

    P.S. - Happy Easter to you too - for next week.

    +mrcakey

    mrcakey, Mar 12, 2008
  7. Re: Ugliest site ever competition ( was Re: Easter)

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Not even close. :) Check out:
    >
    > http://www.rogerart.com/

    Love his contingency plan for if his sites is hacked!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 12, 2008
  8. F F

    Bergamot Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > http://www.rogerart.com/

    "Danger EYE and MIND CANDY Below"

    :)

    > http://www.arngren.net/

    I first came upon this one several years ago - good to see the classics
    are still stylish. :)

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Mar 12, 2008
  9. Re: Ugliest site ever competition ( was Re: Easter)

    mrcakey wrote:

    > "F F" <> wrote in message
    >> Happy Easter to all.
    >>
    >> http://www.frogylady.com
    >>

    > Good Godfrey Evans! That may be just about the ugliest site I've EVER
    > seen - anyone got any other contenders?

    Not even close. :) Check out:

    http://www.rogerart.com/

    This one is a huge download; wait for it if you're on a slow connection;
    it's worth it:

    http://www.arngren.net/

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 12, 2008
  10. Re: Ugliest site ever competition ( was Re: Easter)

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 12, 2008
  11. Re: Ugliest site ever competition ( was Re: Easter)

    Bergamot wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.rogerart.com/

    > "Danger EYE and MIND CANDY Below"
    >
    > :)
    >
    >> http://www.arngren.net/

    > I first came upon this one several years ago - good to see the classics
    > are still stylish. :)

    Here's another, but it you may not see what I'm seeing (in FF).

    http://www.spoonsandthings.com/SPOONS.htm

    Here, the title

    Spoons &
    Things

    is about 1600 pixels wide on my 1920px-wide display.

    Beneath that HUUUUGE text, the text renders normally.

    Oh, hell......here's a screencap. :) Remember, that's almost 2000px wide.

    http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/giantspoons.jpg

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 12, 2008
  12. Re: Ugliest site ever competition ( was Re: Easter)

    mrcakey wrote:
    > "F F" <> wrote in message
    >> Happy Easter to all.
    >>
    >> http://www.frogylady.com
    >>

    > Good Godfrey Evans! That may be just about the ugliest site I've EVER
    > seen - anyone got any other contenders?
    >
    > +mrcakey

    http://www.pc-mobile.net/index.htm

    He's got some good gear, pity about the site design!
    PhilK

    --
    Phil & Val Kempster
    http://kempster.info

    Phil Kempster, Mar 12, 2008
  13. F F

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 12 Mar 2008, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > mrcakey wrote:
    >
    >> "F F" <> wrote in message
    >>> Happy Easter to all.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.frogylady.com
    >>>

    >> Good Godfrey Evans! That may be just about the ugliest site I've EVER
    >> seen - anyone got any other contenders?

    > Not even close. :) Check out:
    >
    > http://www.rogerart.com/

    Whaddya mean? That page is "kewl", man!

    > This one is a huge download; wait for it if you're on a slow connection;
    > it's worth it:
    >
    > http://www.arngren.net/

    All right, this one's a little fu'ed. Excessive horz scrollbar, et al.
    But at least I wasn't bored in the first 5 seconds.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/

    Neredbojias, Mar 12, 2008
  14. Re: Ugliest site ever competition ( was Re: Easter)

    Neredbojias wrote:

    > On 12 Mar 2008, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> mrcakey wrote:
    >>
    >>> "F F" <> wrote in message

    >>> Good Godfrey Evans! That may be just about the ugliest site I've EVER
    >>> seen - anyone got any other contenders?

    >> Not even close. :) Check out:
    >>
    >> http://www.rogerart.com/

    > Whaddya mean? That page is "kewl", man!
    >
    >> This one is a huge download; wait for it if you're on a slow connection;
    >> it's worth it:
    >>
    >> http://www.arngren.net/

    > All right, this one's a little fu'ed. Excessive horz scrollbar, et al.
    > But at least I wasn't bored in the first 5 seconds.

    That's it? The ads aren't frequently overlapping each other? It looks
    like a grocery store bulleting board, here, with notes pinned up about
    three deep on top of each other.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 12, 2008
  15. Re: Ugliest site ever competition ( was Re: Easter)

    Phil Kempster wrote:

    > mrcakey wrote:
    >> "F F" <> wrote in message
    >>> Happy Easter to all.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.frogylady.com
    >>>

    >> Good Godfrey Evans! That may be just about the ugliest site I've EVER
    >> seen - anyone got any other contenders?
    >>
    >> +mrcakey
    >>

    > http://www.pc-mobile.net/index.htm
    >
    > He's got some good gear, pity about the site design!
    > PhilK

    It's a little less awful in lynx. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 12, 2008
  16. Re: Ugliest site ever competition ( was Re: Easter)

    On 2008-03-12, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > http://www.arngren.net/

    Typical for PageBuilder and SiteBuilder.

    Is it possible that there are circumstances under which the page
    actually works?

    <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/www.arngren.net.jpg>

    Author:

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Mar 12, 2008
  17. F F

    John Hosking Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Neredbojias wrote:

    >>> Not even close. :)

    >>> This one is a huge download; wait for it if you're on a slow connection;
    >>> it's worth it:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.arngren.net/

    >> All right, this one's a little fu'ed. Excessive horz scrollbar, et al.
    >> But at least I wasn't bored in the first 5 seconds.

    > That's it? The ads aren't frequently overlapping each other? It looks
    > like a grocery store bulleting board, here, with notes pinned up about
    > three deep on top of each other.

    Not that bad in my FF, but not exactly up for a Webby, either.

    I made a wild guess that the site was made with overuse of
    position:absolute, but when I used the Web Developer extension to View
    CSS, there wasn't any.

    Turns out all the styling, every last, ill-conceived, non-valid bit of
    it, is all done using inline styles.

    ROFL and P

    Apropos ugly sites: I seem to remember a long, long page (on a green
    BG?) from some paranoid loony type of fellow from, I think, somewhere in
    the UK. I'm trying to remember some detail of his page or paranoia (it
    wasn't the MI5 guy). Guns? Aliens? Oil companies and huge conglomerates?
    Parakeets? Don't remember...

    --
    John
    Pondering the value of the UIP: http://improve-usenet.org/

    John Hosking, Mar 12, 2008
  18. Re: Ugliest site ever competition ( was Re: Easter)

    John Hosking wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Neredbojias wrote:

    >>> All right, this one's a little fu'ed. Excessive horz scrollbar, et al.
    >>> But at least I wasn't bored in the first 5 seconds.

    >> That's it? The ads aren't frequently overlapping each other? It looks
    >> like a grocery store bulleting board, here, with notes pinned up about
    >> three deep on top of each other.

    > Not that bad in my FF, but not exactly up for a Webby, either.

    Look at the screen capture Chris F.A. Johnson just linked to:

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 13, 2008
  19. Re: Ugliest site ever competition ( was Re: Easter)

    Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

    > On 2008-03-12, Blinky the Shark wrote: ...
    >> http://www.arngren.net/

    > 2.61.90"> Typical for PageBuilder and SiteBuilder.
    >
    > Is it possible that there are circumstances under which the page
    > actually works?
    >
    > <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/www.arngren.net.jpg>

    I'm grabbing that screen cap, for next time. Thanks. And I'm glad
    it's horrible for someone here besides me. :)

    I'll be making it smaller so dialup users don't have a 2-minute wait.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 13, 2008
  20. F F

    Neredbojias Guest

    Re: Ugliest site ever competition ( was Re: Easter)

    >>> Not even close. :) Check out:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.rogerart.com/

    >> Whaddya mean? That page is "kewl", man!
    >>
    >>> This one is a huge download; wait for it if you're on a slow
    >>> connection; it's worth it:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.arngren.net/

    >> All right, this one's a little fu'ed. Excessive horz scrollbar, et
    >> al. But at least I wasn't bored in the first 5 seconds.

    > That's it? The ads aren't frequently overlapping each other? It
    > looks like a grocery store bulleting board, here, with notes pinned up
    > about three deep on top of each other.

    Well 'course, and therein lies much of its charisma. Visual art can take
    on unusual and unexpected forms. Perhaps the technique is, uh, too subtle
    for your tastes.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.com/