Easter

Blinky the Shark

Bergamot said:
"Danger EYE and MIND CANDY Below"

:)

I first came upon this one several years ago - good to see the classics
are still stylish. :)

Here's another, but it you may not see what I'm seeing (in FF).

http://www.spoonsandthings.com/SPOONS.htm

Here, the title

Spoons &
Things

is about 1600 pixels wide on my 1920px-wide display.

Beneath that HUUUUGE text, the text renders normally.

Oh, hell......here's a screencap. :) Remember, that's almost 2000px wide.

http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/giantspoons.jpg

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Whaddya mean? That page is "kewl", man!

All right, this one's a little fu'ed. Excessive horz scrollbar, et al.
But at least I wasn't bored in the first 5 seconds.

That's it? The ads aren't frequently overlapping each other? It looks
like a grocery store bulleting board, here, with notes pinned up about
three deep on top of each other.

John Hosking

Blinky said:

That's it? The ads aren't frequently overlapping each other? It looks
like a grocery store bulleting board, here, with notes pinned up about
three deep on top of each other.

Not that bad in my FF, but not exactly up for a Webby, either.

I made a wild guess that the site was made with overuse of
position:absolute, but when I used the Web Developer extension to View
CSS, there wasn't any.

Turns out all the styling, every last, ill-conceived, non-valid bit of
it, is all done using inline styles.

ROFL and P

Apropos ugly sites: I seem to remember a long, long page (on a green
BG?) from some paranoid loony type of fellow from, I think, somewhere in
the UK. I'm trying to remember some detail of his page or paranoia (it
wasn't the MI5 guy). Guns? Aliens? Oil companies and huge conglomerates?
Parakeets? Don't remember...

Blinky the Shark

On 2008-03-12, Blinky the Shark wrote: ...

2.61.90"> Typical for PageBuilder and SiteBuilder.

Is it possible that there are circumstances under which the page
actually works?

<http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/www.arngren.net.jpg>

I'm grabbing that screen cap, for next time. Thanks. And I'm glad
it's horrible for someone here besides me. :)

I'll be making it smaller so dialup users don't have a 2-minute wait.

Neredbojias

That's it? The ads aren't frequently overlapping each other? It
looks like a grocery store bulleting board, here, with notes pinned up
about three deep on top of each other.

Well 'course, and therein lies much of its charisma. Visual art can take
on unusual and unexpected forms. Perhaps the technique is, uh, too subtle
for your tastes.