Eclipse always going to blank Workspace

johnny

I have installed eclipse. What I found is every time eclipse starts,
I always have to switch the workspace by going to file-
switch_workspace. Why can't it reopen the workspace I was working on
previously?

Manish Pandit

I have installed eclipse. What I found is every time eclipse starts,
I always have to switch the workspace by going to file->switch_workspace. Why can't it reopen the workspace I was working on

previously?

Window/Preferences/General/Startup and Shutdown

Uncheck the checkbox that says 'Prompt for workspace on startup'.

Alternatively, you check the checkbox that says 'Use this as default
workspace and do not ask again' upon selecting the workspace in the
dialog you see on startup.

-cheers,
Manish