Eclipse always going to blank Workspace

Discussion in 'Java' started by johnny, Nov 14, 2007.

  1. johnny

    johnny Guest

    I have installed eclipse. What I found is every time eclipse starts,
    I always have to switch the workspace by going to file-
    >switch_workspace. Why can't it reopen the workspace I was working on

    previously?

    johnny, Nov 14, 2007

  2. On Nov 14, 11:37 am, johnny <> wrote:
    > I have installed eclipse. What I found is every time eclipse starts,
    > I always have to switch the workspace by going to file->switch_workspace. Why can't it reopen the workspace I was working on
    >
    > previously?

    Window/Preferences/General/Startup and Shutdown

    Uncheck the checkbox that says 'Prompt for workspace on startup'.

    Alternatively, you check the checkbox that says 'Use this as default
    workspace and do not ask again' upon selecting the workspace in the
    dialog you see on startup.

    -cheers,
    Manish

    Manish Pandit, Nov 15, 2007