Eclipse and other Java IDE

Mr. X.

Hello,
I am developing java on Eclipse.
The main issue is because Eclipse is free - isn't it.

The other issue - Eclipse doesn't seem so friendly on GUI
(I need visual editor - I don't know if it so so awful, and that I should
not give up Eclipse ...).

I once knew to develop on JBuilder Pro (some years ago - about 2002),
but there was some problems on Hebrew design (program hang when I wrote even
a one letter in Hebrew).

JBuilder Pro isn't freeware, but if I build a start-up, and have an
investor,
the investor will invest in buying the JBuilder Pro ...

I want to know, what are the powerfull & populars Java IDEs, costs,
and what Eclipse main disadvantage ... (and is it realy free ?)

Thanks :)

David Segall

Mr. X. said:
Hello,
I am developing java on Eclipse.
The main issue is because Eclipse is free - isn't it.

The other issue - Eclipse doesn't seem so friendly on GUI
(I need visual editor - I don't know if it so so awful, and that I should
not give up Eclipse ...).

I once knew to develop on JBuilder Pro (some years ago - about 2002),
but there was some problems on Hebrew design (program hang when I wrote even
a one letter in Hebrew).

JBuilder Pro isn't freeware, but if I build a start-up, and have an
investor,
the investor will invest in buying the JBuilder Pro ...

I want to know, what are the powerfull & populars Java IDEs, costs,
and what Eclipse main disadvantage
I have a list at said:
... (and is it realy free ?)
Yes.

Markus Tazl

The main issue is because Eclipse is free - isn't it.
I want to know, what are the powerfull & populars Java IDEs, costs,
and what Eclipse main disadvantage ... (and is it realy free ?)

Oracle's JDeveloper might be interesting for you. Detailed information
can be found here :

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/index.html
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/collateral/papers/10131/newfeatures/index.html

and yes, Eclipse is free ... ;-)