eclipse & file extension

jb

Hi All,

We our using Eclipse as our IDE. We're using EjBGen to generate all
our supporting sessions/entities. We are using weblogics wecompile
task to do this. Unfortunately this requires files with extensions of
ejb (even though the contain pure java). My question is....can you get
Eclipse to recognise that *.ejb is Java source, and to do syntax
highlighting and class browsing as if it were *.java??

Any suggestions much appreciated

regards

Manish Hatwalne

jb said:
Hi All,

We our using Eclipse as our IDE. We're using EjBGen to generate all
our supporting sessions/entities. We are using weblogics wecompile
task to do this. Unfortunately this requires files with extensions of
ejb (even though the contain pure java). My question is....can you get
Eclipse to recognise that *.ejb is Java source, and to do syntax
highlighting and class browsing as if it were *.java??

Go to - Window => preferences => Workbench => File Associations and add a
new file type *.ejb and choose Java Editor as the associated editor for it.
Should work.

HTH,
- Manish

jb

Manish Hatwalne said:
Go to - Window => preferences => Workbench => File Associations and add a
new file type *.ejb and choose Java Editor as the associated editor for it.
Should work.

HTH,
- Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for that. Now the syntax highlighting works as hoped which is
half the battle. However the ability to browse the source within the
*.ejb files, as in right click go to definition etc, go to super
implementation etc etc doesn't work? Is there anything that can be
done there??

regards
JB