Ecommerce Recommendations

Your_name

Can anybody recommend a good asp.net ecommerce solution, similar to actinic
that is fully featured, easy to set up and integrates well with payment
processors.

TIA.

Your_name

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your suggestion, your package does look great and at a nice
price ;)

I have two areas of concern though.

1. I don't know much about the payment processing side of things, how easy
would it be to connect to a uk payment processor. Can you tell me any more
about how that works.

2. They wan't to be able to convert the price totals into other currencies,
can this be accomplished.

Many thanks.

Rick Strahl [MVP]

Your_name said:
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your suggestion, your package does look great and at a nice
price ;)

I have two areas of concern though.

1. I don't know much about the payment processing side of things, how easy
would it be to connect to a uk payment processor. Can you tell me any more
about how that works.

That depends on the processor. We have support for PayFlow Pro,
Authorize.Net, AccessPoint and PayPal in the box of course those are US
providers. Authorize.Net (www.authorize.net) appears to have international
payment processing, but I haven't looked at this more closely.

Anything else will have to be created. I'm not familiar with foreign
processors, so I'm not sure what's involved - you'll have to check their
gateway interfaces. There's a base implementation for payment processing
that all the others inherit and assuming the processor uses common inputs
it's usually pretty quick to implement new providers especially if they are
HTTP bases (using POST transactions as Authorize.Net and AccessPoint use).
2. They wan't to be able to convert the price totals into other currencies,
can this be accomplished.

It's not directly supported but it wouldn't be too difficult to implement
this. The biggest issue there is how to consistently store the data in your
data store after the orderrs are saved. This would definitily be something
you'd have to customize...

Regards,

+++ Rick ---

--