Edit multiple rows of a datagrid (ASP 1.1)

postings

Hi

Silly question here I guess.....

I know I can use an EditCommandColumn to edit a particular row in a
datagrid:

--------------------------------
Private Sub DataGrid_Edit(ByVal source As System.Object,ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs) Handles
DataGrid.EditCommand
DataGrid.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex
Call BindTheDataGrid()
End Sub
--------------------------------

Is there anyway I can update more than one row?

i.e. When the datagrid is first displayed one or more rows are already
displayed as editable so the user is effectively prompted/forced to
enter the information in?

Many thanks

Alex

Brock Allen

You'll have to use TemplateColumns for everything and make controls that
allow the user to edit everything at once. In your postback code then you'll
have to manually iterate over every row and grab the data and do your updates
to the DB.