Editable datagrid and dynamic validation controls

Drew

On a page we are developing, there are multiple Panels with datagrids in each
one. Based on the functionality you are performing, one panel will display
and all others are not visible.

One of the panels has an editable datagrid and the footer allows the user to
add a new record. Refer to the following page for a better idea of the
datagrid -
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/Tutorial/24D5D73F-F941-4A70-B064-3195B8C039E7.dcik

I want to put validator controls in place for the editing of fields and the
adding of new field. My problem is, when I add new validator controls, I get
the error message to the effect that the validator control does not know of
the control i bound it to in the ControlToValidate property.

TIA