Editing a FAT/FAT32 Partition Table

Philip Wright

Hi,

I'm starting a little project for myself which basically involves
reorganising the entries in a FAT/FAT32 table. My reason is simple. I
have a car stereo that reads SD cards, but will only play the songs in
the order that they appear in the file allocation table.

I know I should buy a better car stereo, but I've got a bit of time on
my hands right now and would like to see this through.

So, could anyone tell me how to access the entries in a FAT directly
with Ruby? Maybe C or C++ is better, but I haven't used those in ages
and do not want to spend half a day pulling my hair out just relearning
the syntax.

Thank you all in advance :)

Philip Bright

Very fast. Thanks for the heads up.

Not sure which language he used. I have sent the author an email asking
for any help he may give.

I take it then Ruby is limited in this area?

Many thanks.