Emacs + python.

Hadron

Sorry to repeat, but I had to reinstall and lost all my news.

I am looking for pointers on using emacs with python. I use emacs v
22.0.91 (Ubuntu snapshot).

It comes with its own python mode.

The problem is that the debugger just hangs when I start it. The
interpreter runs fine. Any ideas?

What versions of python.el or python-mode.el or ..... are you using and
why?

Many thanks for any pointers.

Hadron

Hadron said:
Sorry to repeat, but I had to reinstall and lost all my news.

I am looking for pointers on using emacs with python. I use emacs v
22.0.91 (Ubuntu snapshot).

It comes with its own python mode.

The problem is that the debugger just hangs when I start it. The
interpreter runs fine. Any ideas?

What versions of python.el or python-mode.el or ..... are you using and
why?

Many thanks for any pointers.

I upgraded to emacs 23 from

http://peadrop.com/blog/2007/01/06/pretty-emacs/ and it works fine now.

Crosspost & Followup-To: gnu.emacs.help

Thomas Jollans

Sorry to repeat, but I had to reinstall and lost all my news.

This list is archived at a number of publically accessible sites, for example:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/topics

I assume you already asked and got an answer, so you should now be able to
find it.

--
Regards, Thomas Jollans
GPG key: 0xF421434B may be found on various keyservers, eg pgp.mit.edu
Hacker key <http://hackerkey.com/>:
v4sw6+8Yhw4/5ln3pr5Ock2ma2u7Lw2Nl7Di2e2t3/4TMb6HOPTen5/6g5OPa1XsMr9p-7/-6