EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER/ CAREER POSITION/ IN

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Tom Gugger, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. Tom Gugger

    Tom Gugger Guest

    AIM
    EXECUTIVE

    419-255-1900

    We have a client that needs an embedded software engineer. This is
    with a solid

    company that has shown continued growth. This is a career position with all
    the normal benefits. The company is located several miles North of FT Wayne,
    Indiana.

    If after reading the job description below you feel you are
    interested and qualified,

    answer the five questions at the bottom of the description. Email the
    answers WITH

    a resume to: .

    Position: Sr. Software Engineer

    The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years of software and
    firmware design experience in an embedded environment utilizing popular 8/16
    bit microcontrollers and DSP experience. Knowledge of and/or experience with
    networking protocols used in data communication systems, especially those
    unique to wireless communications, would be desirable. A working knowledge
    of embedded hardware (digital, analog, RF) and/or experience programming PCs
    with Visual Basic would be a plus. Must be a self-starter, self-directed,
    and have good troubleshooting and time-management skills. Duties include
    design; implementation, integration and system testing of embedded/DSP
    firmware within wireless communication systems. Interface with design and
    test engineers required throughout the product development cycle and follow
    on product support.

    Skills: EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER

    o BSEE and 5+ years experience

    o Experience with MSP430, PSoC, PIC, Atmel, Motorola, and other
    processors

    o Experience with C and Assembly language coding

    o Experience determining cost/benefit analysis of different micro
    controller architectures.

    o Experience RF data transfer protocols.

    o Thorough understanding of all phases of product development
    including architecture definition, detailed software design, simulation,
    physical design, verification and design for manufacturability.

    o Strong verbal and written communication skills.

    Email answers with a resume to: .

    1.. Embedded experience ---------------yrs
    2.. C experience --------------------------yrs
    3.. Assembly experience ----------------yrs
    4.. RF data transfer protocols exp -----yrs
    5.. Citizenship Status --------------------
    6.. Salary requirements -----------------
    Tom Gugger, Sep 29, 2005

  2. Tom Gugger

    Flash Gordon Guest

    Tom Gugger wrote:

    <snip>

    > We have a client that needs an embedded software engineer. This is
    > with a solid

    What a strange place for a break.

    > company that has shown continued growth. This is a career position with all
    > the normal benefits. The company is located several miles North of FT Wayne,
    > Indiana.

    I've named a stuffed cat "FT Wayne, Indiana" and had it shipped to the
    north pole. How has this company managed to locate it several miles
    north of the north pole? (Not everyone lives in the USA)

    > If after reading the job description below you feel you are
    > interested and qualified,

    Another strange place for a break.

    > answer the five questions at the bottom of the description. Email the
    > answers WITH

    <snip>

    > 1.. Embedded experience ---------------yrs

    Lots

    > 2.. C experience --------------------------yrs

    Not quite as many

    > 3.. Assembly experience ----------------yrs

    Quite a few.

    > 4.. RF data transfer protocols exp -----yrs

    It would take me less than a year to explain RF data transfer protocols.
    Oh, sorry, did you mean something else by exp?

    > 5.. Citizenship Status --------------------

    I'm a citizen of the country of my birth.

    > 6.. Salary requirements -----------------

    100,000UKP per day with each days salary to be paid one year in advance
    in cash.

    Hmm. Not only have you posted to the wrong place (this is not a jobs
    offered group and had you check the group out you would know job offers
    are not topical) but you can't count even with the numbers in front of you.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Living in interesting times.
    Flash Gordon, Sep 29, 2005

  3. "Tom Gugger" <> wrote in message
    > We have a client that needs an embedded software engineer.

    Wrong group for headhunting.

    Alex
    Alexei A. Frounze, Sep 29, 2005