Empty "Warning Security" pop up

wim

Dear Group,

working as second line support for an online program that uses signed
Java applets, I have noticed that some users have stumbled on the
following problem:

Before the Java applet loads, when the user should be asked
whether he trusts the certificate used for signing the applet, he gets
an empty popup. Only the title bar shows the correct text ("Warning -
Security"), but the content (Do you wish to accept the applet signed
by ...) is not there, nor are the buttons.

Screenshot: http://aycu08.webshots.com/image/17927/2005764099907011000_rs.jpg

At the moment, I have not found any particular reason for this
behaviour. It tends to happen to Windows XP users with Internet
Explorer 6 or 7 and JVM 1.5 or 1.6 .

For some users it helps to minimize the security settings of Internet
Explorer (to "Low"), but I don't see the rational connection between
this action and the problem.

Browsing the bug database of Sun, I only found something similar for
Java 1.3.1_02-b02 : http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4631425
, although that one is quite old.

Has somebody seen this problem before and might have some information
about the cause of it?

Kind greetings,

Wim

Roedy Green

Has this anything to do with "If you are using Internet Explorer 7+
you must allow blocked content permission for Active X to run. This
also gives permission to Java to run. "

I have found Windows "hangs" are often some occluded dialog box.