Equivalent to JSP Objects

Anbu

Hi,

I'm new to ASP .NET and I'm developing a web based tool to authenticate the
users. The existing application in JSP. I would like to know the ASP .NET
equivalent to the URL and URLConnection JSP Objects

Thanks,

Craig Deelsnyder

Hi,

I'm new to ASP .NET and I'm developing a web based tool to authenticate
the
users. The existing application in JSP. I would like to know the ASP .NET
equivalent to the URL and URLConnection JSP Objects

Thanks,
Hmm, without knowing the true uses of those classes in the Java world, I
think you're looking for things like:

System.Uri
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemuriclasstopic.asp

System.UriBuilder (handy if you're munging a url together yourself)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...pref/html/frlrfsystemuribuilderclasstopic.asp

System.Net.HttpWebRequest and ...HttpWebResponse
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ml/frlrfsystemnethttpwebrequestclasstopic.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...l/frlrfsystemnethttpwebresponseclasstopic.asp

Anbu

Craig,

Here is the exact JSP code. I'm looking for the alternative code in ASP
..NET.

URLConnection con=url.openConnection();
con.setDoOutput(true);
con.setDoInput(true);
BufferedWriter out=new BufferedWriter(new
OutputStreamWriter(con.getOutputStream()));
out.write(str4);

out.close();

How can i read the output from a web page and store them in a buffer?

Thanks,