    haven't managed to google anything useful yet.

    At the very least, how to convert the error number to something that means
    something?
    s_m_b, Dec 20, 2007

  2. s_m_b

    s_m_b Guest

    "s_m_b" <> wrote in
    news:Xns9A0C644EDD034smb2000nshotrmailcom@207.46.248.16:

    ah - since found this.
    Seems Service Pack 2 for MSXML Parser 4.0 is a potential script breaker.
    the line
    Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")

    has to change to
    Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument")

    Haven't found this anywhere on MSKB though?

    s_m_b, Dec 20, 2007

  3. s_m_b wrote:
    > Seems Service Pack 2 for MSXML Parser 4.0 is a potential script
    > breaker. the line
    > Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")
    >
    > has to change to
    > Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument")
    >
    > Haven't found this anywhere on MSKB though?

    Examine the section titles "Why Version-Independent GUIDs and ProgIDs Were
    Removed".

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Dec 20, 2007
  4. "s_m_b" <> wrote in message
    > We're getting this on an IIS 6 site, running a test script that uses
    > serverXML to send a request to another server.
    >
    > Set objXMLDom = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")
    > objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "text/xml"
    > objHTTP.send sxMLRequest
    >
    > the string sent is a very simple test to make sure the other server can
    > see/respond correctly.
    >
    > However, when the objHTTP.send is run,
    > Error number: -2147024891 Description: Access is denied.
    > comes back.
    >
    > I'm fairly sure this is something on the server but cannot see what, and
    > haven't managed to google anything useful yet.
    >
    > At the very least, how to convert the error number to something that means
    > something?

    It would be easier if you showed us more of the relevant code.

    The creation of DOM object has no impact on calling the send method of the
    objHTTP object (what ever that is you have shown its creation). It would
    also be useful to see what type of resource you are accessing and whether
    you making a call back to the same server.

    However you should avoid 4.0. You should use version specific prog IDs for
    either 6.0 (if you have installed) or 3.0 (if you don't want to install 6.0
    or don't have access to).

    The progID you should be using are:-

    MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0

    and