Access Error with msxml4.dll

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jason Burr, Jan 12, 2004.

  1. Jason Burr

    Jason Burr Guest

    I keep getting an Access is denied error using msxml4.dll I have seen a
    number of posts on other sites mention it and say they fixed it but not one
    says how they did.

    Here is the code that I am trying to execute (in jscript).

    var objSrvHTTP;
    var objXMLSend;
    var objXMLReceive;
    objSrvHTTP = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.4.0");
    objXMLSend = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0");
    objXMLReceive = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0");

    objXMLSend.async = false;
    objXMLSend.loadXML (strXMLOUT);

    objSrvHTTP.open ("POST",strURL,false);
    objSrvHTTP.setRequestHeader("application","x-www-form-urlencoded");
    objSrvHTTP.send (objXMLSend);
    objXMLReceive = objSrvHTTP.responseXML;
    Response.ContentType = "text/xml";
    Response.Write (objXMLReceive.xml);

    I have had this with any site that I have tried to get a response from so I
    am fairly sure it is the new version of msxml since my other 2.0 versions
    still work.

    On one I can get the content back directly through the browser but not with
    this call.
    Jason Burr, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Jason Burr

    Mark Schupp Guest

    what is in strURL?
    at what statement is the error occurring?

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Jason Burr

    Jason Burr Guest

    Turns out that all of my code was fine the issue lies in changes with
    version 4 and it attaching properties of your browser settings to IIS the
    solution is here if anyone else runs into this problem after installing
    version 4.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820882#6

    FYI the error reports as the .open line however as I understand it the real
    error is on the .send

    Jason Burr, Jan 12, 2004